Thursday, December 31, 2020

Three on Thursday - New Year's Eve

I imagine 99.999% of the population will be quite happy to say goodbye to 2020 tonight.  I'm hoping and praying 2021 will go a little better than 2020 did.  For today's Three on Thursday, I have three current but random things.

1.  As a family, we are doing all we can to ensure 2021 is an improvement over 2020.  To start, we'll be taking our tree down tomorrow and eating black eyed peas.  Lots and lots of black eyed peas!

We don't do a whole lot to celebrate New Year's Eve.  We stay home, usually in our pj's, eat a "fancy" meal, and by "fancy," I just mean a meal we don't normally have.  There will nothing fancy about it.  After all, we'll most likely be in our pj's.  This year, to celebrate the end of 2020, Mike will be grilling a standing rib roast and Sarah has plans to cook way more food to go with it than we'll possibly be able to eat.  I plan to knit while they cook.



2.  Yes, my butt will be parked on the couch with my knitting and my new Gilmore Girls DVD's while Mike and Sarah cook.  Hey - I need my rest for the tree removal ordeal tomorrow.  

I'm really enjoying the fast pace of my Felix pullover.  I'm also loving the ragland design.  It's just enough different to make the simple sweater a little bit special.  I'm definitely going to knit the cardigan version sometime soon.


3.  Miss Hayden got her two front teeth for Christmas!  Actually, she got those two on the bottom around Thanksgiving, but the top two, which are still too small to see, popped through just a few days before Christmas.  She has these baby Cheeto's looking snacks that she likes and it was so fun to hear her biting and crunching them instead of gumming them.

That pretty much sums up our holiday.  I hope yours will be as relaxed and enjoyable.  Stay safe out there!

Happy New Year!

 

8 comments:

  1. Your plans sound similar to ours for this evening - PJs and yummy food! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely PJs. I'm making crab quiche for dinner (every new year's eve) and we have not gone out for decades. And I'm fixing hopping John tomorrow for the black eye peas dish. Hayden is growing up FAST!!! What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an excellent plan and a great way to spend the last day of this horrid year! Let's all go into 2021 with a smile like Hayden's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! What a sweet face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even cuter with those little baby-tooth smile!!!

    Wishing you a very happy new year! On to 2021 with grateful and happy hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been parked on the couch all day watching The Thin Man marathon on TCM. Dinner will be Chinese takeout. That's my way of celebrating the end of this pretty awful year. Tomorrow all our holiday stuff is getting put away too. I can't wait. I've been looking forward to it for a few days now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're getting pizza for dinner and eating it in my jammies too! We never go out for New Years Eve so this is no different than usual.
    That little sweetie is growing so fast. The teeth. Oh my! Just look at that smile.
    Happy New Year!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like the perfect way to celebrate to me. Hope you have a wonderful 2021. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete