Friday, December 18, 2020

The Captain always comes for Christmas

 It's that time of year...


The Captain made his annual visit yesterday.  It was rum ball day.

I've made rum balls every Christmas for more years than I can count and I've always enjoyed it but I have to say, it's a Lot more fun with an adult daughter helping out.  We had to make eleven batches this year (they are that good and that popular!) and we've added a little 'spice' to the tradition.  One of us makes the dough and the other rolls the balls.  And after each batch, we take a shot of rum then eat a rum ball.  

A shot and a rum ball may seem like over kill but by the seventh or eight batch, we have to taste them to make sure we didn't leave out any ingredients.  Or add one ingredient in twice.  It's surprisingly difficult to count and measure when you're sloshed!

7 comments:

  1. But then again, at that point . . . WHO CARES!!! Rum balls and shots all around!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! This was funny!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our grocery delivery lady knocked on the door the other day and handed me a bag and walked away. I had no idea what it was. It turned out one of the store workers had sent The Mister a bottle of the Captain to thank him for bringing him some firewood. I used to make a killer run cake so now I'm wondering if The Mister would donate some to the cause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sound delicious! Maybe I'm not finished making cookies yet???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahah. Fireman tried to make them last year...nobody liked them. I jus think he needed another recipe

    ReplyDelete