Thursday, December 17, 2020

Three on Thursday - Eight Days

It may be Three on Thursday but we only have eight days until Christmas.  Eight!  Where are the days going??

I'm feeling pretty good about it though.


The stockings are lined and hung.  I didn't do the best job in the world hand sewing the linings but the stockings will only get used once a year and I made sure to, at minimum, make my stitches small enough so that a Barbie shoe couldn't pass through.  I couldn't think of anything a young lady might like that was smaller than a Barbie shoe.  Maybe beads, but I figured Santa wouldn't be dumping loose beads into a stocking.  If Santa does ever decide to give something smaller than a Barbie shoe, he'll just have to put it in a box.


I finished four pair of beaded socks for Hayden and Fred is enjoying showing them off.  I will make more at some point - either when she requests a certain color or she's moved up to the next size socks.  That girl is growing like a weed so it will probably only be a matter of months, if not weeks, before she needs new socks.


The shawl for my mother-in-law is coming along and should go much faster now that it's the last Christmas item on my list.  I'm not sure I've ever posted a photo of it before.  It's a Very pink, very simple garter stitch, triangular shawl. 

I'm using Stroll Gradient Duos in BFF to knit the shawl.  My MIL's favorite color is pink and this colorway is very pink!  To make the shawl, I started using the yarn from the outside of one skein then from the inside of the second.  I've just made it to the middle shade on the second skein but the idea is that the shawl will fade from light to medium to neon pink, then fade back to medium then to light pink.

The last shawl I made for her wasn't received well but she is ALWAYS cold and pink is her favorite color.  This one is definitely pink so hopefully she'll like this one better.  But just in case, I'm not bothering with any fancy lacy bits on it and thankfully, the yarn is machine wash and dryable.  Yay for that!

I hope your holiday projects are going as well as mine, (Gosh, I probably just jinxed myself with that shawl!) and I also hope you'll join me over at Carole's for Three on Thursday.

Eight days and counting....


8 comments:

  1. The stockings look great -- and I would hope that no one would want Barbie shoes in their stockings anyway! If your MIL doesn't like that lovely pink shawl, then she's a grump, as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stockings do look so nice! And I agree with Sarah - if your MIL doesn't like the shawl, then phooey on her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. December has flown by! I just mailed off my box of handmade gifts to the new baby so it's all good here. Now I have to figure out how to get the presents to the Grands in VA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your stockings, all hung (& stitched) with care! I actually had to reread about your MIL a few times, b/c I can't fathom anyone being ungrateful for ANY handknit?! Hm. I think you are an Incredibly Good Human to give her another!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pink shawl. Your mother-in-law can't help but appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful stockings and socks too! I can't imagine anyone NOT liking that gorgeous pink shawl so you should be good there. :-). So...just one relaxing shawl to finish in eight days? You've got this.
    I got my headband yesterday and wore it last night. 8 1/2 hours of sleep later I'm hooked on it. Except I have a migraine today. It's been a year or so since I had one so I sure hope it's a coincidence. Thank you so much for telling us about it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stockings look great. It's probably a few years until Hayden is ready for Barbie shoes in her stocking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeannie your stockings look wonderful. Ours are just two this year......for the two of us. Mrs. Claus sent stocking things to OKc ....

    ReplyDelete