Tuesday, December 22, 2020

I won!

 I'm pretty excited!


I finished the pink gradient shawl.  I finished two days ahead of schedule, and, I won at yarn chicken!  I was sweating it out once I'd bound off the first half of the shawl. Even my hands were sweating over the last quarter.  It was only over the last five or six stitches that I began to calm down and have a little faith that I'd win the game.


I hope my mother-in-law will like it.


Pink is her favorite color and she wears head to toe, multiple shades of pink most days.  She even has pink shoes, a pink hat and even a pink coat.  The shawl should complete her outfit.

Oh, and did you notice - I finished it then got it blocked two whole days ahead of schedule!  I don't know what to do with myself now.  I don't think I've ever finished Christmas gift crafting early.  Ever! Normally, I'm sewing seams or blocking things on the car heater vent on the way to deliver the gift. How am I supposed to fill those extra two days I've created?

I want to have a special #ChristmasEveCastOn project but I don't want to wait until Christmas to knit something.  I also don't want to knit on anything from my UFO pile.  Should I start something new that I won't finish?  Do I force myself to knit something I don't want to knit?  Or should I just go eat rum balls and cookies for the next few days?

Decisions, decisions!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats! I think winning that game of yarn chicken entitles you to cast on something new now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cookies and rum balls sound pretty good! Or you could make a few small things over the next day or two, like dish cloths, etc.
    Your mother-in-law is going to absolutely love that shawl. It’s beautiful. And you even won at yarn chicken! So many wins here!
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go with the rum balls. It has been a hard year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoooooo! What lovely drape it has.
    I'm ready to put my feet up and eat cookies for the holiday weekend. As soon as we get back from our gift drop off for the VA Grands I am going to grab my boozy eggnog and the cookie tin and calling it a Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shawl is lovely.

    I'd go with sitting down with a cup of tea (or something stronger, your choice), some rum balls, and a good book or magazine. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shawl! Oh yes, when we win at yarn chicken it's always a time to celebrate! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful finish! I vote for rum balls, a good stiff drink and picking out yarn to start something new for YOU! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. she's going to LOVE it and I love the chicken game only when I WIN.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like there's any question? Rum balls and cookies!

    ReplyDelete