Tuesday, December 8, 2020

On the Needles

Just a quick OTN update.


Remember Tiny Tea Leaves?  It got shoved down to the bottom of the knitting bag while I knit Christmas gifts.  I only have a sleeve and a half left to knit.  And well, I guess the button band.  The point is, I should be able to knock out this baby in time for Christmas too.  I better!  Hayden is only eight months old, almost nine, and already wearing 18 month size clothing.  She's slim but tall.  Anyway, I thought I had until late summer of 2021 to get this little 2T sweater knit but apparently not.

If you're interested, I'm knitting it with Blossom Heather Wool of the Andes.  I'm not normally a big fan of pink - I may have mentioned that a few times before - but I LOVE this Blossom Heather colorway.  I have knit many, many hats and mittens for my Etsy shop as well as for various gifts.  I'm not sure it will look too good with my skin tone but one of these days I'm going to knit myself a sweater with it.  It's just such a pretty, pale heathered pink.  It's just perfect!  It's a delicate, pale pink without looking the least bit babyish. And after I knit the sweater for myself, I just may knit a blanket and some pillows and maybe a skirt.  Thankfully it will take me a lifetime to get all that knit because if I'm going to wear a knit skirt, I'm going to loose 100 lbs first.  I have time!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet little sweater -- and especially in that lovely shade of pink! (And I never find that baby-clothing-sizes match baby-sizes or age-ranges. It's all over the place. . . ) Happy knitting to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweater is going to be so adorable! One thing I really love about baby knits is how quickly they go -- you'll be done with that sweater in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet, sweet sweater. I love that pink yarn (and I am NOT a pink person!!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knit, Jeannie, KNIT! LOL That IS a pretty pink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that sometimes the sizing is off on baby and toddler things. Piper is really tall and slim and we have the same issue. I do love that color too. I knit with a LOT of pink because...it's Pipers favorite color. And you do what the grandkids want. I think you're discovering that aren't you? :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable! For some reason I've got a lot of pink in my stash. I suppose I was always hoping for a granddaughter but with grandson #3 due to arrive any minute I've given up hope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous pink and the yarn looks so soft!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so not a pink girl, just I can admire it's prettiness!

    ReplyDelete