Tuesday, December 1, 2020

A light at the end of the tunnel

 There's a tiny little light at the end of the tunnel.  The Christmas gift knitting tunnel, that is.


The hat is finished, blocked, tagged with washing instructions and placed in a box waiting to be wrapped.

All that's left is six pairs of beaded socks for Hayden, those #$&&#! never ending Smitten mittens and a shawl.  Oh, and I still need to line the stockings for Hayden and her mom.


It's a good thing Hayden is so adorable because she's a lot of work!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

Actually, Grandma Nana (I'm having trouble getting used to being Nana) is always happy to knit for Miss Hayden.

Good thing I'm happy to knit for Hayden because I just remembered there's a sweater on the needles in the bottom of the knitting bag for her.  Best get that finished too.

So yes, that light at the end of the tunnel may have just dimmed a tiny bit but there's one good thing keeping my spirits up.  I am NOT the one that's going to have to wash the sticky candy cane out of that fuzzy blanket!

Happy December knitting!


5 comments:

  1. Hayden is growing up so quickly. It seems it was just last month she was born. YIKES!

    She is adorable and yes, you better get knitting on that sweater before she outgrows it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww....what a cutie! My grandkids call me Nai Nai which is Chinese for grandmother. My DIL is from China so it makes sense but it did take me a while to get used to it. Middle son is expecting first in a week or so and I am wondering if they will call me Nai Nai too. Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hayden is such a cutie. Yes, granddaughters are sure worth knitting for. Piper is so happy with everything I make her. I just have to kitchener a the toes on a pair of socks I finished last night. I was just too tired to tackle the kitchener at midnight. :-). Then, I have to make a sweater for my daughter. Fingers crossed it will be done in time.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is adorable! And no, not washing out the sticky either. Good luck on your light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gorgeous photo of your grand! she is growing so fast! Lovely hat!

    ReplyDelete