Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Tiny Tea Leaves

Tiny Tea Leaves is officially finished.  It's knit, it's blocked, it has buttons, and it's even wrapped and under the tree.


I'm not sure why I'm using a black and white photo when I've already shown other in-color photos but...   ...And, the yoke lines up much better than it appears in the photo. 😊

This was a great little design and I'm so thankful Karen from Pumpkin Sunrise gifted me the pattern a while back.  Despite it taking me ages to complete, it's a simple little cardigan with easy to follow instructions.  The pattern is written for sizes ranging from 2T up to preteen and I can see myself making many more of these in the years to come.

I used a heathered yarn for this one but the pattern is designed so that you could use just about anything and even multiple yarns.  I'm thinking it would be really cute with the yoke and garter edging knit in a different color from the body.  I'm also thinking Hayden will need one knit in her favorite sports team colors.  Her mom and I will have to battle it out over who her favorite football team is though.  Hayden's mom is just as sweet as she can be but she has very poor taste in football teams. 😊

Crud!  Now I'm thinking about all the color options I could knit and I'm about ten seconds from tossing aside my next assigned project to cast on another Tiny Tea Leaves cardigan.  Aack!

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet, sweet finish! Love the buttons too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would look great in Eagles green and white. Or maybe Temple U. cherry and white. Whatcha think???

    It looks adorable, even in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The buttons are a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is adorable! I didn't even realize it was in black and white and said to myself how classy it looked in gray. No one thinks of gray as a baby color but now you've got me thinking....

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is such a sweet cardigan and the buttons set it off perfectly. Thanks for your help with the headset. It's on it's way!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness yours is delightful!!! I'm glad you enjoyed the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!! It will be a perfect princess sweater.

    ReplyDelete