Thursday, February 6, 2020

Three on Thursday

Does it feel like this past week has flown by in the blink of an eye?  Where on earth did the week go??  Seeing that I was apparently caught up in some weird time warp thing and accomplished absolutely nothing, today's Three on Thursday post is mostly a recap of last week.

Simple scarf knit with 2 strands of Simply Alpaca held together.  http://shrsl.com/23jt5
Bulky 2x2 ribbed alpaca cowl

First, I finished the bulky, 2x2 ribbed alpaca cowl.  This was such a quick and easy project I know I will be knitting a few more in the future.  For this one, I held two strands of Simply Alpaca together to create the required bulky yarn.  For future projects, I'm envisioning using some of the many, many variegated, speckled or striped hand painted yarns that I keep buying single skeins of with one of the many, many skeins of solid Palette that I also keep buying.  Despite appearances and my bank balance, I really am trying to knit from my stash and this would be an excellent stash buster project.

the tweed version of Wool of the Andes feels so much softer! https://shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=1435443&u=1446317&m=59159&urllink=&afftrack=
Weekender Sweater knit with Wool of the Andes Tweed

Still on the needles is my Weekender sweater.  I've split the front and back at the armholes and am only knitting the front right now.  You'd think it would be growing in leaps and bounds with only half the stitches on the needle but....  While this past week has flown by at the speed of light, there were a lot of distractions taking place.  I'm not abandoning this sweater though.  Hopefully by next week I'll have the exact same photo to show, only I'll be knitting the back instead of the front shoulders.

simple garter stitch shawl knit with 2 color blocks that fade into each other.
Beginnings of a shawl knit with Love Ewe Farm yarn

This one is a new project.  It's going to be a shawl and I'm knitting it with my friend, Betsy's, wool.  I love that her skeins are marked with the individual sheep they came from.  That dark brown that's on the needles comes from Brandi and the white skein was provided by Sadie.  As you can see, I'm not very far into the shawl but so far, this yarn is wonderful to work with.  If you are interested, you can read all about Betsy and her farm here.  

Join me over at Carole's place for today's Three on Thursday link up.

11 comments:

  1. ooohhh, I'm curious about the Palette yarn (thank you for including the link!) - how soft is it? I LOVE all those colors and wondering how it would be in a sweater for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine how soft and cozy that cowl is! I have also lately been thinking about doing some serious stash-busting by double-stranding to knit up some quick, bulky items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shawl is so cool and so is your friend's website. She is living the life I envisioned when I retired. Instead I am stuck in the woods herding cats...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful knitting! And, I love the yarn of your shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun and pretty knitting. I have some alpaca in my stash - maybe a nice soft cowl is the thing. I love your friends web site and that she puts the name of the sheep whose wool it is on her yarn - so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of knitting with yarn from an individual sheep! (In fact, I may have just purchased some yarn like that.) It looks so soft and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful projects to wait for your attention! And that cowl looks so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun to actually know the sheep you're knitting with. I absolutely love that. Beautiful projects. I've been wanting to try Palette yarn too, but I'm trying to knit/crochet from stash as much as possible this year. It seems a lot of us are doing that doesn't it?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love that cowl!

    ReplyDelete