Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Seashells


Despite all the grumbling I do about my life, I am truly blessed.  I have the most wonderful group of friends!  Take Rebecca for example…

Rebecca is a knitting buddy and also an amazing jewelry artist.  I hope to one day soon showcase her here in a Makers’ Monday post.  But until then, you can find some of her creations on Instagram.


Rebecca made me this sterling silver octopus necklace back around Christmas time.  It’s made from a dinner fork and I absolutely love it!  The tentacles even act as temporary stitch marker holders when I need to move them around in a row.  How cool is that??  I doubt she designed it with that function in mind, but she is also a knitter so… maybe!

Rebecca also teaches a variety of craft techniques and this past Saturday, she taught stitch marker making at The Center of the Yarniverse, my LYS.


My wrapping skills totally suck (I hate that expression but hey, let’s call a spade a spade here.) but that has nothing to do with Rebecca’s teaching.  It has to do with my coordination. Or more specifically, my lack of coordination.  And perhaps the fact that I used up most of the class time choosing my beads so I sort of had to rush through the actual making process.  But whatever.  I have six new stitch markers, made by me that don’t snag the yarn!  And they are little silver seashells!  And one is coordinated but different so that it stands out as marking something special.

Thanks Rebecca!

9 comments:

  1. I think they're lovely! I was actually thinking that the wrapping was very artistically done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the necklace and your stitch markers are great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That necklace is fantastic! The stitch markers look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen necklaces like that at craft fairs and yarn festivals! Very cool. I think your stitch markers turned out great. I've made a couple and it is difficult to make them so they don't snag! Love your shells.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! I've tried to make stitch markers too and mine were less than perfect. That wrapping bit is hard. It takes coordination and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely! I need to get some new markers made. I seem to lose them way too much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you did a great job on the stitch markers. They're truly beautiful. And that octopus necklace is stunning. I think you using it for a stitch marker holder is very inventive too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the necklace and the stitch markers. Rebecca's a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete