Sunday, February 2, 2020

Sunday Supper - Shepherd's Pie Soup

Okay, let me be honest.  I'm totally, 100% cheating on today's Sunday Supper post.  First of all, I'm typing this on Saturday night.  Second, we won't try this soup until Monday.  Superbowl Sunday's meal will be simple pot roast which can be tossed into the oven way before the game starts and eaten whenever halftime happens.  Appetizers and game munchies will either be simple stuff like chips out of the bag or recipes I've already shown here.  No one cares about those recipes.  So technically, today's post is Monday Supper, not Sunday's but.... whatever.

soup recipes, cooking from scratch, winter soup
Shepherd's Pie Soup from spendwithpennies.com

So, the recipe.... Shepherd's Pie Soup.  I LOVE shepherd's pie.  I haven't had it in ages and well, shepherd's pie in soup form sounds delicious!  The recipe can be found here.  

I can't wait for this football game to be over so I can go to sleep and wake up thinking about shepherd's pie soup.

Meanwhile, Happy Game Knitting!

4 comments:

  1. I just threw some simple veggie chili in the crockpot for dinner tonight. I love how it makes the house smell good all day. I just hate how they have the game on so late. It would have been nice to have people over but no one wants to drive home in the middle of the night anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No game for us as we're not interested whatsoever. But, that recipe does look and sound delicious. You'll have to let us know how it turns out.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a diner here that is so well known for its shep pie. I thought it was good, but not as good as yours looks

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious! I have not had shepherd's pie in years. My Mom used to make it with left over lamb.

    ReplyDelete