Thursday, February 20, 2020

In omnia paratus

First, let me just say - My baby boy turned 25 yesterday.  How is that possible???  He's a quarter of a century old and I'm only 29.  I'm lousy at math but even I know that doesn't add up properly.

While I contemplate how on earth my baby boy is a quarter of a century old, let's talk Three on Thursday.


That photo was in a post from a few days ago.  Nothing special about it, except I noticed three important to me things hiding in the picture.  Let's start at the bottom and go counter-clockwise.

1.  Bottom left - It's a spider plant.  A spider plant that is older than my baby boy!  I've had that plant for 28 years.  Twenty-eight!  It's so tough it survived being left outside in a snow storm, a fall onto concrete from a second story deck and since the fall and the subsequent smashing of it's pot, it has lived in a plastic coffee can with no drainage holes.  It's so tough, even after that hard life, it's still producing baby spider plants!

2.  My You Call That Art painting.  I'm certain I've mentioned it here before but a quick search didn't produce the original post.  Anyway, it's an original painting of my great aunt looking at a piece of sculpture at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts.  Apparently, she didn't think much of the sculpture and said "You call that art?" just as my grandmother snapped her photo.  A family friend and artist who happened to be with them that day took the photo and painted it.  Someone must have called the sculpture art because to this day, some 50 years later, it still sits outside of the museum.

3.  My newest and most favorited addition to my knitting 'stuff.'   Hanging on the hook on the door is my newly acquired Stars Hollow knitting bag that not only contains a few new skeins of yarn (shhh! don't tell!) but also my new Gilmore Girls stitch marker. 

Gilmore Girls and Stars Hollow KAL
in omnia paratus (ready for all things)
Have I ever mentioned how much I love Gilmore Girls?  Well, I do.  I love Gilmore Girls and I'm constantly telling my daughter she's my Rory.  She is not as thrilled about it as I am.

Hope you'll join me over at Carole's for today's Three on Thursday link up.

10 comments:

  1. I'm also a big GG fan -- my mother even introduced me to it! Can you share where you got the bag/swag?

    ReplyDelete
  2. another huge GG fan here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the Gilmore Girls. If Netflix ever takes it off streaming I'll be so sad. Whenever I'm in a bad mood an episode or two cures what ails me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW....that's me Araignee. Google strikes again. Unless I am paying attention it signs me in under a long gone wedding blog.

      Delete
  4. My "baby boy" had a birthday yesterday, too. He is as old as your spider plant . . . :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post! I want to see that painting... I love the story of your spider plant--that's MY kind of houseplant. Durable. Funny, my mom answered my post question today saying 29 is the age she would have chosen to stay. When she was 29, I was 4; my brother was 5. I had my first baby at 29. Seems to be some magic around that one. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. And my baby (and only one) turned 30 in December! Time...not sure where it goes. Spider plants are the best - I don't think you can kill them. I'm another one who wants to see the picture of your aunt. Fun post!! Oh, and I have never watched a GG episode...guess I'm missing something....

    ReplyDelete
  7. My baby turned 31 in December so I understand perfectly, and I was just a month short of 29 when he was born. I had never seen an episode of GG and a dear blog friend was appalled by that knowledge, or lack thereof. She sent me the entire boxed set a few years ago when I was stuck inside the house because of illness. I understand now. That houseplant is amazing to have survived. That's the kind of plant I need.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word ----- story number 2 had me literally LAUGHING OUT LOUD!!! GREAT story.

    Spider plants ---- the polyester of the plant world. You just can't kill 'em.

    P.S. My "baby" is 36 -----------scary thought.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's weird, isn't it, those growing baby's? My youngest turned 27 last december (I still have to do the math to see if that's right).
    I love the story abut the picture. That's one to treasure!
    Spider plants are great. I don't know how long I've had mine, but I gave them to my daughter when we moved. She brought me a few baby plants last months and they are thriving already.

    ReplyDelete