Thursday, June 20, 2019

Three on Thursday

Three very random things for today's Three on Thursday list.

We painted our kitchen cabinets and replaced the counter tops, sink and faucet
kitchen remodel phase 1

1.  We are remodeling our kitchen.  We had forest green cabinets and  brownish-gold marble counter tops.  Sounds hideous but I really liked it when it was new.  But, we've been in the house for 14 years and it was time for a change.  Eventually the wall between the upper and lower cabinets will be tiled.  I love the vibe of the new colors and most of all, I love our new sink.  The old one had a little lip all the way around it that collected gunk like I collect yarn and it was impossible to clean.  The new sink doesn't have any gunk collectors on it.  And even better, the new faucet isn't stuck on spray mode.  Yay!

The Wrist Ruler from Center of the Yarniverse is the perfect jewelry for knitters.

2.  I got a new toy.  It's a bracelet.  It's a measuring tape.  No more searching for the missing measuring tape!  Well, no more searching as long as I only knit things 17 inches or shorter.  My Wrist Ruler came from Center of the Yarniverse, my LYS.  That place is so damned dangerous!  I went in to buy a bag I'd seen on Instagram.  The bag had already sold out so I walked out with the Wrist Ruler and more yarn.  Yikes.

Novocaine smile.

3.  In case you needed a laugh....  I had a fun trip to the dentist the other day and that is me trying to smile widely afterwards.

I can't believe I'm saying this because I'm TERRIFIED of the dentist.  I haven't had the best luck with them.  One even went to jail for raping & torturing toddlers.  But my new dentist... I like him!  He's aware that I'm neurotically terrified and he and his entire staff do everything they possibly can to make me comfortable. 

And because of my terror, I'd put off visiting (finding a dentist, in all honesty) and so now I'm having the fun of multiple visits.  So yesterday I went in expecting to have one tooth fixed but Dr. Campbell was all, "Oh, let's do this other one."  And he was all smiley about it so okay, fine.  After it was all over and I was trying to rinse and spit while not being able to feel my face, Dr. Campbell started talking about how much fun fixing my tooth had been.  (Actually, he rebuilt a tooth, which is Much cheaper than getting a crown.)  He was so excited he got out his cell phone and showed me pictures of another one he'd done recently.  He was just gushing about how much fun it was to build a new tooth out of nothing...  And I realized we are kindred spirits.  He just uses enamel and a high speed drill while I use 2 sticks and some yarn.  I think I might love my new dentist.



7 comments:

  1. That wrist ruler is genius! It looks great too.
    Oh, dentists... I'm terrified too. Had some very bad experiences. I wish I could go to your's. He sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been so tempted by those wrist rulers...so far I have not given in. We have a great dentist...but I still don't like going.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got kitchen envy. I can't wait to tear my old one out. We put it in 28 years ago and I loved it then but it needs to go...
    I share your fear of the dentist and have avoided them like the plague until The Mister broke my front tooth off in a freak hockey puck accident. Lol. Now I have to go every few years to have the bond repaired and I HATE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been covetously eyeing those rulers at Center of the Yarniverse but haven't been able to justify buying one. When all you knit is squares a ruler is not so crucial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, when you say "fun" at the dentist, are you be facetious facetious, or just facetious? Cause it's kinda hard to tell with your mouth numb. It's kinda garbled. LOVE the kitchen redo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you found a dentist you like. Although going to the dentist is never fun, it's much better when it's a dentist you like. And your kitchen looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my dentist (who pulled a cracked tooth - boo) He is so kind so gentle and oh so funny!

    ReplyDelete