Sunday, June 2, 2019

Sunday Supper - Peach Cobbler

I think I've mentioned before, I'm not much of a cook.  I may have this Sunday Supper feature here on the blog but if I'm honest, most of the time I talk my daughter into making the recipes.  Months go by without me ever turning the oven on.  I'd almost rather scrub the toilet than cook a meal.  Cooking just isn't my thing.  Too bad eating is.

It's peach season!
istockphoto.com

This time of year, all I want is fresh vegetables and fruity cakes.  Peachy cakes at the moment.

Luckily, I have THE easiest recipe for peach cobbler.  And because I'm so nice (despite what my husband says,) I'm going to share it with you.  

Baking with peaches. Cooking with canned peaches.
peach cobbler photo courtesy of simplyrecipes.com

Easy Peach Cobbler

2 cans (or 1 large can) of sliced peaches in syrup
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick of butter

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.  (You could butter the dish if you are against the sprays but who's got time for that?)  Dump the peaches (with the syrup) into the baking dish and spread evenly.  Dump the dry cake mix over top and spread it around evenly-ish.  Do not stir!  Next, you want to evenly-ish distribute thin slices of butter all over the top.  I use a vegetable peeler to "peel" the butter over the top.  Again, do not stir!  Just pop it into the oven for 25 - 45 minutes depending on the size of your baking dish and how evenly you spread the cake mix.  You'll know it's ready when it's mostly golden brown and the family is all standing in the kitchen staring at the oven, mouths watering.

It's best served with vanilla ice cream.  Good vanilla ice cream.  Thankfully, the peaches and the cake mix can be cheap, store brand brands.  We make this frequently and I've never met a cake mix that wouldn't work.  And, if you aren't a fan of peaches, try replacing the peaches with a can of cherry, blueberry or apple pie filling.  Yum!

3 comments:

  1. This is the same formula I use for Apple Crisp. Just love fresh peaches, but not cooked ones. Go figure. I am eagerly awaiting the Peach Truck that delivers Georgia Peaches to my area each summer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look delicious. I'm not a peach fan when it comes to the artificial flavoring of things like drinks but a peach pie or peach cobbler-I'm there!

    ReplyDelete