Sunday, June 9, 2019

Sunday Supper - Black Bean & Corn Salad

Today's Sunday Supper recipe is for Black Bean and Corn Salad.  Or salsa.  Most people probably eat it like salsa but I like to plop a big, giant spoonful onto my plate and eat it plain.  Eaten plain, without those salty, flour-filled chips, it's a pretty healthy side dish.  And cheap and easy to make!

Easy recipe for black bean and corn salsa or quesadilla filling
Black Bean and Corn Salad, photo courtesy of tasteofhome.com

Black Bean and Corn Salad

1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can whole kernel corn, drained 
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley (I never have fresh so I just crush up a little bit of dried and toss it in)
1/4 cup of your favorite salsa (generic store-brand works fine)
2 TBS lime juice
1/4 tsp. salt

Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and serve.

How easy is that??

Besides eating this recipe as a side dish or salsa, it also works great in quesadillas - just use a slotted spoon so it's not too liquidy.

6 comments:

  1. Mmmmm.....that looks great!!! I've been on a Mexican food binge lately. I've got to give this a try as soon as I get some decent salsa in the house. It's the one thing you can't get at our Mom and Pop grocery at the beach. I probably just need to learn to make my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my 'go to' thing to bring to summer parties. I often use green salsa when I do it! It is also good over rice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummmm... I love all things mexican!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmm Looks so good. I 'd have to add cilantro!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete