Monday, June 17, 2019

52 Weeks - Hobbies

Well, today's 52 Weeks Blog Challenge is easy.  What are my hobbies?


Knitting!  Duh!

photo courtesy of 123rf.com

I also enjoy reading.  Reading trash mostly.  While I occasionally read a classic or something by a well known, revered author, mostly I enjoy reading "trash" books where I'll be easily entertained without having to think too much.  I'm much more interested in a good story than flowery words.

Windsurfing, Key West, 1984

And I enjoy pretty much anything to do with the water.  Except surfing.  I never learned to surf.  And after my teenaged windsurfing accident, I will most likely never give that sport another try.  But anything else water related.  Swimming, skiing, sailing, floating, paddling or simply laying on the beach listening to the waves.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/554566616/a-knitters-sampler-cross-stitch-pattern?ref=shop_home_active_3&crt=1
A Knitters Sampler from October House

I haven't cross stitched in years but I used to love it and have recently added a few new patterns to my To-Do list.

courtesy of istockphoto.com

Okay, this one is weird but...  I LOVE to office supply shop.  I spend time in the office supply stores like I spend time in the yarn shops.  There's just something so exciting about the possibilities of a new pen, a new notebook or even a new stack of Post-Its.  

Wow.  That is not very many hobbies.  I really do have a one track mind and should probably try to do something about that.

7 comments:

  1. That knitter's sampler is something that needs to be in my stitching stash. I just bought it from Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of your hobbies are mine too. Including shopping for office supplies. I love that!
    Your taste in books is also quite similar to mine. The only thing different is that I don't do any watersports except swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love office supply stores too and stationery shops. That is such a cute sampler - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh office supplies, fresh pencils, reams of unmarked paper (of any color or type). I think they represent the possibilities which if I don't get off my 'butt' will not happen, lol Also that is a nice sampler and I'll fall down the 'color hole' at any yarn or fabric store too. A bit of a hoarder? If it comes to color yes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that knitting sampler!

    I'm right there with you on "trash" books and shopping for office supplies. LOL Isn't it fun to get a new pen or a fresh new note pad?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!!! I am not the only one who loves office supply shopping, even though I do not work in an office. In High School I loved shopping in the bookstore!!! So glad to know I am not alone in my weirdness.

    ReplyDelete