Friday, June 28, 2019

Broken promises

I broke a promise I'd made to myself long ago. I officially titled myself a yarn snob and swore to never knit with unpleasant yarn ever again.

And nothing looks more unpleasant to knit with than Red Heart's Scrubby yarn....

But it comes in such pretty colors...

And I had a Michael's coupon....

dish scrubber knit with Red Heart Scrubby yarn

Knowing there was a 99.99999999999% chance I'd never knit with it and it was simply going to get tossed into the stash pile and forgotten, I bought THE most boring color, Marble, a mixture of black, gray and white.  It was the unpopular color and I felt sorry for it.

Little did I know that days later my husband would decide to tear apart our kitchen and install black marble counter tops.  Black marble counter tops that perfectly matched the Scrubby yarn....

And so I did the unthinkable. 

dish scrubber knit with Red Heart Scrubby yarn in Marble

And I knit with the nasty yarn.  And it wasn't That nasty.  I wouldn't want to knit with it often, but it was no where near as bad as I expected.  

I might even go buy a fun color and knit another.

8 comments:

  1. I love my Scrubbies. I thought the same thing until I tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't bring myself to buy this yarn...but maybe I should??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pass, for some reason I don't like using knitted washcloths. Not sure why. Maybe because I hate to destroy them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the blue color but may have to get the black and white for my kitchen too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! Does it work well too? I may have to look if I can find that stuff here...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So we can blame your husband right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the sign of a grown-up is changing your mind for a good reason! That scrubbie looks great ... and vote for your next one to be pink, yellow and orange ;-)

    ReplyDelete