Tuesday, June 18, 2019

On the Needles

Is there a contest for worlds most boring post?

Hitchhiker knit with Sublime Eden yarn
Showing off  the gradient's color change in bad lighting.

My newest Hitchhiker is progressing at a snail's pace.  I have managed to reach the second color in the gradient.  Remember how I was excited to find out how the colors would change?  Whether they'd fade or be speckled or.....  The change turned out to be quite sudden.  It was made by splicing two different yarns together.  You could see the splice because a bit of the new yarn hadn't been caught well.  The splice seemed strong enough so I'm not overly worried they will come apart during wear or washing, but I do hope future color changes will be handled a little better.  We will see.

9 comments:

  1. It must be the season for naughty yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors. Hope the rest of the changes will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's weird and annoying, but the colors are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is not boring! I'm amazed at those of you who can knit garter and not drop any stitches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. With these beautiful colors, my favorite I might add this is hardly boring. Hope the next color change is smoother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful and not boring at all to me :) I'm doing a hitchhiker as well without a gradient change...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It will come out beautiful. Hitchhikers are a no-risk knit!

    ReplyDelete