Thursday, February 21, 2019

Three on Thursday

Three Very random things for today's Three on Thursday:

1.  Remember me talking about receiving an Uncalendar?  I'm really loving it and have been much more productive since I started using it.  I'm not sure if that's because of the calendar itself or just the thrill of a new calendar.  Who cares!  I'm gettin' my stuff done! (Joy!) 

I haven't been using the project pages as much as I expected to.  I'm having that weird 'my new journal is too pretty to write in' experience with them.  I don't want to waste them on frivolous stuff.  But the weekly calendar.... I am LOVING the weekly pages!  The left hand page with all those empty boxes is just... Heaven!  I can not believe how handy those boxes are.

I knit another Burberry cowl with Berroco's Ginko silk/wool yarn.
Joy! Burberry Cowl #3

2.  I finished knitting another Burberry cowl.  I got kind of lazy and instead of kitchnering the two ends together, I bound them off together.  It left an obvious line of stitches... so I can't possibly give this one away.  Guess I'll just have to keep it for myself.  What a shame.  

3.  I'm throwing myself a bit of a pity party.  I have an abscessed tooth.  Or at least that's what I assume it is.  It's obviously something wrong.  I'm all swollen, achy and feel like I've been punched in the face.  Punched really, really hard.  And my teeth have this weird magnetic feel to them.  If my top teeth get too close to my bottom teeth, they sort of snap together like two magnets.  And when my teeth touch... OUCH!  It's like a lightening bolt in my mouth. 

Of course, it all started Friday night.  I was brave through the weekend, thinking I'd be able to get some kind of emergency appointment on Monday.  Except the dentist isn't open on Mondays.  On Tuesday when I called, the first appointment they could give me was Wednesday....  Except we had a snow and ice storm and the office was closed so I have to call them today to reschedule. I really, really hope they can fit me in quickly because my self pity parties are not pretty.


7 comments:

  1. Ouch, ouch, ouch. Hope you can get to a dentist today. Tooth pain makes me feel horrible all over.

    Your 3rd Burberry cowl is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for playing with blank pages!! Yay for another Burberry, it's still on my list. Boo for toothaches! Hope you find relief soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope you can get in to see the dentist - soon! It seems like dental problems always happen on Fridays, except for me it's Thursdays because my dentist isn't open Fridays. Why aren't there dental emergency rooms? I asked my dentist that a few months ago when I cracked a molar, and he just laughed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! I hope you can get that resolved before the weekend! Pretty cowl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, no. Teeth problems are no fun. I always thought they should have an urgent care type place for dental issues. It seems whenever I have an emergency like that no one is ever open either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hoping you get your tooth seen soon!! love your cowl :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You poor thing with that achy tooth. Hope you feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete