Monday, February 25, 2019

So, this happened

So, this happened...

I started out with a sock.

The sock was too big so I frogged it.

A sock that was so big, I could have simply knit arm holes and worn it as a sweater.  I mean, look at that thing!  It's laying on an 8.5 x 11 notebook and the width of the sock practically covers it.  I don't know how I didn't notice its hugeness while I was knitting the leg.

Anyway, I ate a bowl of Cheetos and drank a glass of wine, (It's okay to have wine with antibiotics.  I looked it up!)  took a deep, calming breath and frogged it.

Simple Yet Effective infinity scarf or cowl. https://www.ravelry.com/projects/jeanniegrayknits/simple-yet-effective
Simple Yet Effective scarf

And now it looks like this.  It magically turned into a Simple Yet Effective scarf.

As much as I despise frogging gone-wrong projects, (I much prefer to curse them and toss them into the trash rather than suffer the pain of frogging.) I'm not really minding re-knitting this yarn.  It's wonderful to work with.  It's soft, it has great stitch definition and its Christmasy colorway is muted enough that it only whispers Christmas rather than yelling it at me.  It's fairly easy to pretend I'm knitting a rose garden instead of a Christmas candy cane.  Oh, I guess I failed to mention - the yarn's name is Winter's Candy Cane and it hails from Puff the Magic Rabbit.

 I don't know why there are so few projects on Ravelry using Puff the Magic Rabbit yarns.  Perhaps it is more of a hobby business.  I bought my skein from a fiber festival but I see that they do have an Etsy shop that's been in business since  2007.  Whatever, I wouldn't hesitate to knit future projects with their yarns.  This 100% superwash merino, particularly, is a joy to knit with.


6 comments:

  1. I wrote a comment about how I did the same thing with a sock not too long ago and then our power went out from the wind so I have no idea if it went through! Here it is again, just in case. This weather....wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty yarn. I think I've used some of that yarn - lovely to knit. Cheetos and wine - always a win in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is going to be perfect, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's lovely yarn! Too bad the sock didn't work out, maybe it wanted to be a Christmas stocking? Anyway, it's going to be a beautiful scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have knitting elves? Cause that stuff never happens at my house when I frog. It just stays frogged. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the more you frog the more you have courage to frog! Love that your restarted something that you like!

    ReplyDelete