Sunday, February 10, 2019

Sunday Supper - Cornbread

Today's Sunday Supper recipe is cornbread.  My dad probably rolls over in his grave every time I make my version of cornbread because it's nothing like his.  Mine is sweet and almost cake-like but I like what I like...  And this cornbread always brings me joy.

Easy to follow recipe for sweet, cake like cornbread.

Cornbread

2 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup corn meal
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup milk
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  
Blend all ingredients together until smooth but be careful not to over stir.  
Pour into a greased 8 x 8 baking dish and bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until top is lightly browned.

Note:  I think our oven is messed up which is why the cooking time fluctuates so much.  Also, using a  well oiled, preheated cast iron frying pan works well and reduces cooking time by about 5 - 10 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious. Just last week I bought 3 different corn bread mixes because I can't ever find one I like. I might have to try your recipe. I never thought about Bisquick. My mom used it for everything-even her pumpkin pie. She made the "makes its own crust" recipe that used to be on the box and it was always delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a sweet cornbread recipe. Yours sounds like the perfect one.

    ReplyDelete