Tuesday, February 19, 2019

52 Weeks - Favorite Quotes

Okay, this 52 Weeks Blog Challenge post should be easy.  I have lots of favorite quotes.  In no particular order and with apologies for the language in a few of them...

"I would make you dinner but I can't find the phone book."

"Do something every day to make others happy... even if it's only to leave them alone."

"Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures."  H. Jackson Brown Jr.


"All the coffee in Columbia won't make me a morning person."

"Excellence is not a skill.  It's an attitude."

"Today is the day."  Mel Fisher

"Learning only happens when a child is interested.  Otherwise, it is like throwing marshmallows at their heads and calling it eating."

"Destination, determination, deliberation."  J. K. Rowling

"Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of."

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself.  Aloud."  Coco Chanel

"Dare to embarrass yourself."

"Bad planning on your part does not automatically constitute an emergency on my part."

"If it's to be, it's up to me."

"Never let school get in the way of a good education."

"I love deadlines.  I especially love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."  Douglas Adams

"I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life."  Rita Rudner

"There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  Dave Barry


"There is a strange sense of pleasure being beat to hell by a storm when you are on a ship that is not going to sink."  Captain Cleopatra Highbourne

"Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting."  John Russell

"The difficult we can do at once, the impossible may take a little longer."

"F*ck me gently sideways.  With a chainsaw."

"Right away is the easy way."

"That's a negative, Ghost Rider - the pattern is full."  Top Gun

"I run like a girl.  Try to keep up."

"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat; situation excellent.  I shall attack."  French General Ferdinand Foch

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly."  Dalai Lama

"Slow is smooth and smooth is fast."  Bob Lee Swagger, Shooter

"Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own.  I am the force; I can clear any obstacle before me or I can be lost in the maze.  My choice; my responsibility; win or loose, only I hold the key to my destiny."  Elaine Maxwell


"Buckle up, kids.  Daddy's puttin' the hammer down."  Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"Laugh at your problems, everybody else does."

"So... We got a bump coming up."  Jason Bourne, Bourne Identity

"Help, not harm."

"Fine:  freaked out, insecure, neurotic, emotional."

"Snafu:  situation normal; all f*cked up."

"Oh sh*t!  Our donkey's in the ditch."

"Pull from the tangle."

"You just have to fight this f*cker all the way to the crash site."

"Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid."

"Fail better."

and of course, my all time favorite...


"Knit on with confidence and hope, through all crises."  Elizabeth Zimmerman

And yes, they all bring me joy.  So what about you?  Do you have a favorite quote?


3 comments: