Sunday, October 25, 2020

Sunday Supper - Creamy Mushroom, Chicken and Wild Rice Soup


This recipe for creamy mushroom, chicken and wild rice soup from Closet Cooking was a surprise.  See, I don't like mushrooms.  you will never convince me they don't taste like swamp mud and don't even get me started on their texture.  Ick!  But, a few weeks ago Sarah wanted to fix dinner and she wanted to fix this recipe so I was happy (well, I put on a somewhat fake smile at least) and told her to go for it.

The first two bites were normal swamp mud mushroom flavored but the mushrooms were in big slices so they were easy to eat around. The third mouthful wasn't too bad and by the fifth mouthful, I was scarfing it down like I actually enjoy mushrooms.  I may have even gotten seconds.

Now, I'm hoping I can talk Sarah into cooking dinner again.

6 comments:

  1. YUM! I think I must make this. I ♥ mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Dee, I love mushrooms. I'll be printing out this recipe.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm exactly like you with mushrooms. I use them as Fletch LOVES them...me, not so much. But I end up scarfing them down. What's up with that???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mushrooms and that soup looks amazing. It's cold and rainy here today and that recipe looks just the thing for a day like this when all you want to do is hunker down and eat comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be a must try for me!! Love mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just made a big batch of wild rice. So we can add the nuttiness to soup s and stews etc

      Delete