Sunday, October 4, 2020

Sunday Supper - Hot Chicken Salad

I wish I had my mom's recipe for hot chicken salad.  I remember seeing it in her recipe box.  She'd written it on an index card that had a picture of brown and orange mushrooms on it.  Very '70's.  I only remember her making it once or twice and she probably got it from some random church cookbook.  It was delicious and it kills me that I've never been able to find her recipe.  If she was to come back to life, even for minutes only, I'd be begging for her hot chicken salad recipe.  And her fudge recipe.  That's another one I've never been able to come close to duplicating.


I haven't given up my search for the perfect hot chicken salad recipe though.  We'll try this one from Plain Chicken tonight.  The picture doesn't look like I remember Mom's looking but it does have french fried onions in it so, Yum!

Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends on social media. Until next time, Happy Knitting!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had some of my mom's recipes too. A couple of her friends were nice enough to mail me their copies of her specialties after she passed. It took me a year or so before I could even open the envelopes. I just wish I had watched her make her famous potato salad. Even knowing what is in it doesn't help. I just can't get it light and fluffy like she did. I know it involves a jar and some pickle juice shook into the mayo but mine never turns out right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Plain Chicken!!! One of my fav recipe sites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mom had her "Never Fail Fudge" recipe that failed about one out of every three times she made it. I have the recipe but don't make it often.
    My Grandma had a sour cream raisin coffee cake that weighed about 10 lbs. Seriously. She would never share the recipe and the entire family wanted it. It went to the grave with her. Such a shame.
    Blesssings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete