Sunday, October 18, 2020

Sunday Supper - Crockpot Meatballs

 Does this even count as a recipe?


The recipe for these crockpot meatballs from I Heart Naptime is so simple, she doesn't even list quantities of the ingredients.  I imagine most of you already know this recipe but it's one of my favorites and when not in party mode, I serve them over rice.  

For those of you not in the know, use as many meatballs as you wish and standard size bottles of the other two ingredients.  If you are serving them at a party, or your family likes them as much as mine does, you might want to double all the ingredients.  

I prefer the chili sauce version but to each his own.  My sister uses the grape jelly version and they are still great and my MIL, back in the day, always made the Hawaiian version but she also added finely diced green pepper.

What's your favorite?


Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends on social media. Until next time, Happy Knitting!


6 comments:

  1. first let me say Hubs and I loved the Hot Chicken Salad recipe from a couple of weeks ago!!! Second I grew up on a 3 ingredient meatball dish, Fresh chopmeat made into tiny little meatballs, like the size of a grape, fried in pan with a little oil but the meat made its own grease. Add one jar of chili sauce and 1 bottle of beer using some of the beer to wash out the chili sauce jar. my kids are the 4th generation making them and since the grandchildren are all becoming adults I am sure it will go on even further. Love reading your posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. So glad you enjoy my posts. I'm excited over chili sauce and beer meatballs. I will be trying that!

      Delete
  2. My mother always used grape jelly and chili sauce when she made them. They were a favorite at every holiday gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love meatballs and I often make them in the crockpot. Thank you for yet another recipe to try out!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever had them, but they look very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look delicious. Meatballs are something which don't feature on our menu very often, but then we usually make them with a ragu sauce and eat them with pasta.

    ReplyDelete