Friday, October 23, 2020

On the Needles

 I feel like I haven't had a plain OTN post in a while.


I took a brief break from stocking knitting to work on the poinsettia needlepoint but the Gods weren't with me.  I'm assuming it's something to do with the way I was holding the canvas and the fact that I was holding said canvas for six or seven hours in one day... (Yeah, I know.  Not a good idea.)  I don't know what else it could be from but it's left me unable to use my left arm.  I've pinched a nerve obviously because my skin is numb, it feels like I've hit my funny bone except that weird not so funny funny bone sensation doesn't go away, I gasp when I bend my elbow and I down right curse when I touch it.

Happily, it doesn't bother me to knit so I'm back to stocking knitting. The photo doesn't show it but only four more rounds and I'll be ready to start the heel.

By the way, thanks for everyone's thoughts on meatballs last Sunday.  Grace suggested using beer instead of jelly which I thought sounded a little iffy but also odd enough to be worth trying.  I made them that way last night and they were good.  Thank you!


Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends on social media. Until next time, Happy Knitting!


7 comments:

  1. I love those green and white stripes! Hope your arm is feeling better (for all the things) soon. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about working too long on a needlework. It wreaks havoc on the hands!
    The stocking is so fun and seasonal!
    I love the Morning Coffee pattern you posted about and it's in my queue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those socks just plain look hApPy! It must be the green and white together. They remind me of elves. I'm so sorry about your elbow. I whacked my elbow the other day and literally gasped. Why, oh why is it called a funny bone when it hurts so bad? I hope it feels better VERY soon.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the boo boo. I did something to the thumb on my right hand doing all that hand washing and it hurts like heck. I can knit but I can't use small needles for stitching right now-not that I would have the time anyway. What a week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those stripes look so happy! and I hope your arm is feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the things we do to our bodies in name of crafting!! LOL. Hope you find relief soon.

    ReplyDelete