Sunday, October 11, 2020

Sunday Supper - Pumpking Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping

Can y'all help me out?  If I didn't think she'd literally kill me in my sleep or poison my dinner, I'd simply give you Sarah's email and phone number so you could all bug her until she makes this cheesecake again.


You see, she's sworn to never bake again.  And I desperately need and want this pumpkin cheesecake with sour cream topping from Taste of Home.

Sarah made this cheesecake a few weeks ago for a family gathering we were having.  She made it a day in advance so that it had plenty of time to cool and set up properly.  She put it in the refrigerator and we all went to bed...

And the next morning, the cheesecake was gone and the empty cake dish was sitting on the counter.  Yes, the "house elf," as we lovingly call her, had gotten up in the middle of the night, snuck downstairs and ate the entire cheesecake.  The ENTIRE cheesecake!  The house elf likes her sweets!

We are all pretty upset about it.  Besides Sarah going through the hassle of making a cheesecake from scratch in the half-busted oven, the cost of the ingredients, we didn't have cheesecake to serve at the gathering, and the fact that the house elf had the nerve to complain of indigestion the next day, there was what Sarah calls an 'overflow bowl' of cheesecake.  You know - when there's more batter than pan.  The overflow bowl was still in the fridge.... so I know what we missed out on.

I need a pumpkin cheesecake!

So please, please, please... Send Sarah cheesecake making thoughts.  I'm confident that if enough people consciously send her pumpkin cheesecake with sour cream topping thoughts, she'll subconsciously hear them and maybe, just maybe, she'll cave in and bake another one.

Or, if it's easier for you, just bake one of your own and invite me over.  I'll happily travel for it.

Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends on social media. Until next time, Happy Knitting!

5 comments:

  1. Ok I give up who ate the cheesecake?
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just too funny.
    My MIL used to swear someone was sneaking in her house eating her tub of Cool Whip every night. It was her. She was sleep walking after taking Ambien and eating it. She came off the Ambien after the neighbors found her asleep in the middle of the street on night.
    My son in law made a pumpkin cheesecake like that years ago for Thanksgiving and it was so good. We've never been able to convince him to do it again either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious. I'm guessing the house elf is your MIL? I can only imagine the indigestion after an entire cheesecake!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like the apple cobbler caper. My husband was out at a call with other medics when I innocently dropped off warm apple cobbler. Later I asked him how it was. He said, "what cobbler" ? They had eaten it all on him while he was gone. The apple cobbler caper got a lot of laughs. I made him another and sat at the firehouse to be sure he got to eat it.

    ReplyDelete