Friday, October 30, 2020

Moving On

Okay, I'm going to try to make this super quick and short.  Zeta's remnants are blowing through today.  We've gotten a little over two inches of rain so far (I know - not much for a hurricane  but it's a lot considering all the other rain we've had,) the wind has already blown down several fairly large tree limbs and the power is blinking.  But one of my goals for October was to not miss a blog post so...  Here goes.


Shoot!  I just realized I failed to take a photo of the second finished stocking.  You'll just have to take my word for it.  I finished it.  And I finished a pair of Christmassy beaded socks for Hayden.


Wow!  Are you seeing what I'm seeing?  A big giant blur?  Something must be wrong with my phone camera/computer.  The photos look nice and clear on my phone but when they transfer to Google/my computer, they get all pixelated.  Or something. I'm lacking in camera knowledge!  

Anyway, since I got the two stockings and Christmas socks for Hayden done, I decided to move on to Christmas knitting instead of having a strong Socktober finish.  The big blur is Minnetonka and I'm knitting it with some unlabeled Malabrigo I bought several years ago at Sarah's request.  Back then, the yarn was supposed to turn into socks for her so I feel like it's okay to be using it to knit a cowl here at the end of Socktober.  

So, NaKniSweMo starts on Sunday, November 1st.  First of all, can you believe November is on Sunday?  Where did October go??  Anyway, will you be participating?  I hope to.  I have a pattern picked out and the yarn has been wound and is sitting at the ready.  But while I'm excited for NaKniSweMo (National Knit a Sweater in a Month) and I have a sweater I really want knit, I'm also beginning to panic just a bit about Christmas.  What are the chances I can get Minnetonka knit in the next 48 hours?

Well, maybe if I focused on knitting instead of eating Halloween candy.  Yeah, right.  That's not likely.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

6 comments:

  1. You know, all that candy is sure to give you a sugar rush to power your knitting -- just saying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are on our third day of rain...but we need it! lovely knitting and you are making fast progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This weather.....ugh. We didn't lose any tress this time but the place is a swamp. If an alligator walked by I wouldn't be surprised.
    Those socks are adorable.
    I will be participating in Naninov...whatever because I am ALWAYS working on a sweater. It takes me years to finish one. I just don't have the attention span for big things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Sarah. Eat candy! I love the socks. I've made dozens of pair of those over the years and it's so fun to hear the jingling of the beads when they're on the babies, (toddlers), feet. :-)
    I don't think I'll be participating in NaKniSweMo because I've knit 4 sweaters for Piper in October and I'm sweatered out! It will be fun to see yours take shape though.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those socks are so sweet.

    Eat candy.........get sugar high.........knit FASTER!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The socks are adorable! Hope you finished the cowl in time? Not going to NKSM here, but I could quilt a bunch of quilts?

    ReplyDelete