Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Benign

I'm benign!  I finally got my thyroid biopsy results back (the "results" they sent last week weren't actually the results.  Good Lord!)  But after cursing to (not at) my doctor's office yesterday then actually cursing at the Hospital Administrator.... I was finally able to get the results sent to my doctor.  And yes, I know I shouldn't curse at the Administrator but I'd already tried crying and that didn't work so....  Anyway, I got my results and they were good.  


I celebrated by doing a little porch knitting.  

I'm sure you think I do nothing but porch knit.

You might be right. 


I finished the first stocking and started the second.  And when I say "finished," I mean I finished the knitting.  I'm going to line it with fabric and create a fabric hanger so that it can be stuffed full without sagging out of shape.  Of course, I have no idea how to go about creating a lining and I don't even know where my sewing machine is, but those are problems for another day.  I've got a month plus to figure it out.

The toe of the red and white striped stocking is a darkish green rather than the black it appears to be.  The green and white striped stocking will have a red heel and toe.... except I have to find some red yarn that's the correct weight.  Again, it's a problem for another day.  Actually, it's probably a problem for tomorrow.  But I refuse to worry about it today.  I'm too busy celebrating the word benign to worry about anything today.

Another thing I'll have to worry about one day soon, but not today, is my failure to include names on the stockings.  Major Oops!  I'm thinking I might add some dangly beads, a few jingle bells or a tassel or something to the hanger and include an embroidered felt name tag.  Try to make it look like I planned it that way.  Your ideas would be most welcome.

Oh hey - something else almost as exciting as the word benign... Hayden got her first tooth this past Sunday.


And her second car. 

She's not spoiled rotten or anything.  ๐Ÿ˜Š  Actually, she's not.  Well, not really.  She's just very lucky to have a dad with a best friend with a two year old daughter who likes to pass things down.

13 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'm sorry it took you so long to finally get your results, but it must be a huge relief!

    As to the stockings, could you add the names with duplicate stitch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful news! :-) (I think "benign" is one of the best words in the English language.) And hand-me-downs are the BEST. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS news!! Yay for benign!!! Hayden is getting so BIG!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for results, we have been dealing with a less than speedy medical issue with our youngest. Finally surgery has been scheduled. And yay for first tooths!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Between reading the word BENIGN and seeing Hayden, this was a VERY happy post. I'm so glad you are okay.

    Love the stockings and of course, you meant them the way they are. That way people in your family can switch them up through the years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a wonderful word! It's so good to know everything was benign but too bad you had to go to such lengths to find out.
    I think your stocking ideas are wonderful and seeing Hayden having so much fun was a great way to finish up your post today. Grandchildren are the BEST!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful! Nothing beats good news.
    Your stockings are so cute. I crocheted some for my own kids when they were little but everything fell right through them. Lining would have been a good idea. I wish I had thought of it before I tossed them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whew - I'm so glad the REAL results were ok! porch knitting around here typically involves porch drinks. I hope you celebrated appropriately :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too would suggest duplicate stitched names...or make a 'fancy' name tag to be permanently attached/part of the stocking?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great news!
    Also, your granddaughter is super-precious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what fantastic news! I bet you are beyond happy and grateful and don't know what to do with yourself. So nice to read good good news.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful news! And enjoy that grandbaby ��

    ReplyDelete
  13. I AM OVERJOYED with your results. And your beautiful grand baby. Im sorry you had to shed tears and get tough to get your YOUR results. For goodness sakes, that is horrible treatment from them

    ReplyDelete