Sunday, November 1, 2020

Sunday Supper - Curry Roasted Butternut Squash and Chickpeas

 No photo today but a delicious sounding recipe.

My endocrinologist has put me on a diet and medication to decrease my appetite.  She says, "I'm going to make you loose weight."  I think I'm cool with that.  Specially since she also says weight loss is impossible this time of year and she'll be extremely happy with me if I just don't gain over the upcoming holidays.  Have I mentioned how much I like my doctor?

Anyway... Sarah mentioned the other day that she's craving some kind of curry dish and per the doctor, I'm supposed to eat more veggies obviously, and weirdly, more pepper.   Black and cayenne specifically.  I knew cayenne was supposed to help with weight loss, but I had no idea black pepper has health benefits too.  It helps your body absorb more nutrients as well boosts your fat burning metabolism.

And magically, the first recipe I stumbled across when searching for fall side dish recipes was for Curry Roasted Butternut Squash and Chickpeas.  It's the perfect recipe for my new diet.  High in fiber, has some veggies, has both kinds of pepper and the sauce is made from whole milk yogurt which another thing I'm supposed to eat.  I just love it when life works out that way.

Now, let's see if we can talk the spouse and his mom into eating curry...

4 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! Sadly, no one else in the house will eat it! But I am really big on eating lots of veggies. My new favorite thing is making zucchini noodles and putting them in vegetable soup -- really good on a cold day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds just like something I would LOVE. I'm sorry now that I've already put in my grocery order for the week. I'd be throwing some butternut in my cart for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can she MAKE me lose weight too? :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious! I love butternut squash, curry and chickpeas!!

    ReplyDelete