Thursday, November 14, 2019

Three on Thursday

I'm joining Carol for today's Three on Thursday gathering.  Today I have three things I want to knit for the soon to be grandbaby.  I'm having trouble because the baby is due in late March/early April, which means only a month or two of wearing sweaters before summer arrives.  I desperately want to knit cute, little newborn things but I should really knit for a six to nine month old.  But that's okay too.  Big baby things are just as cute, and much more practical.

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baby-sleep-sack-cocoon
Hungary Caterpillar sleep sack

So, item #1, a Very Hungry Caterpillar sleep sack.  Besides being a fan of the book, I think the sleep sack is adorable and, I love that it has 'sleeves.'  I always worry about the baby sinking down into the sack and suffocating but this version has shoulder straps which should keep the newborn's head up and out.

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/helen-joyce-dress
Helen Joyce Dress

The second project is the Helen Joyce Dress.  I just love how girly it is with that simple lace design.

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/latte-coat
Latte Coat

And third and possibly my favorite, the Latte Coat.  It's so simple but I love it.

11 comments:

  1. That sleep sack is one of the cutest things I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, that sleepsack! It's so cute! I love that book too.
    The other two projects are wonderful too. Can't wait till my girls give me some grandbaby's...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I have to knit that sleep sac for our grand baby due in May! Big Eric Carole fan here too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some awesome patterns!!!! That caterpillar is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these are awesome patterns. And, you are doing a surprise jacket too, right? I am so ready for grandchildren...but no pressure on my son - lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great knits! I made the hungry caterpillar sleep sack for Jackie without the sleeves and it was just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the options, but that Latte has always been a fav. No idea why I haven't made one yet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such sweet options! :-) I remember when my kids were newborns . . .they had so many clothes (from shower gifts and new baby gifts and my GaGa Mom) that there were some things they never even WORE because they grew so fast! I think you'd be really wise to knit for your grand baby as she grows! Have fun! Your little granddaughter will be so well dressed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :-) little girl knits!! (lilly rose dress is my go-to knit for baby girls ... in a 6 or 9-month size depending on when they're born https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lilly-rose-dress - and honestly every single one of Taiga Hilliard's dresses are perfection for little girls!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. they are all great projects and I know you will get them knitted up!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I almost always knit 6 mo sizes and larger. Babies grow and it seems as if my daughter received many newborn sized clothes that the kids quickly outgrew. Have fun choosing. All three are cute projects. Have fun knitting for a new grandbaby - nothing like becoming a grandmother no matter if it is the first or another time.

    ReplyDelete