Friday, November 29, 2019

Christmas Socks

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We sure did!  And, amidst all the cooking...

sock knit with self striping Christmas yarn. West Yorkshire Spinners Signature yarn in Holly Berry
Christmas Socks
I cast on a Christmas sock.  The yarn is self striping, obviously, and from West Yorkshire Spinner.  The yarn is from their Signature line and is called Holly Berry.  The name couldn't be more appropriate and, the yarn comes with a free pattern.

I'm not using the free pattern.  I just wanted plain vanilla socks that I could knit up in a jiffy.  The pattern is adorable though and has cables or bobbles or something (I really didn't look that closely) that form bumps that look just like berries.  They really are cute.

For once, I really am going to keep the post short.  I need to go to bed so I can get up early and go shopping.  Ha!  That's a bold face lie.  There is no sale on earth that could entice me into a shopping center tomorrow.  No, the reality is, I need to go to bed because I've eaten myself into a food induced coma.

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, those will be really great socks! Self striping yarn is such a great invention ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got some knitting time in with all the other responsibilities that come with the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I demand my Wednesday nights off so I can go the knitting group at my old LYS.

      Delete
  3. I think you made a wise choice; that yarn is busy enough that it needs a plain stitch to shine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those holly jolly socks! I gave away all my 2019 socks at dinner yesterday. It feels so good to be able to make a fresh start with 2020 socks for everyone. The giant sock yarn stash is getting smaller!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the festive sock. I went to bed early, tired for all the dish washing all day long. Seriously yummy food but today I am sick with a cold/flu, I am not happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I'm so sorry you're sick. I hear this year's flu is particularly nasty. Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

      Delete
  6. I love your sock start!! its making me happy. Holly Berry is the perfect name

    ReplyDelete
  7. That yarn is perfect for a vanilla sock. I am glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. We had a quiet day tucked in at home due to weather. I suspected this might happen so I flew through the store on Tuesday to pick up a turkey breast and a few other ingredients. We missed being at my sister's table with her family but better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did a good job of not eating myself into a coma! But I sure wanted to. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful sock and I hope you spent lots of money shopping!!

    ReplyDelete