Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Think Pink!

We're thinking pink over here!  We finally got the official word from the doctor that my grandbaby-to-be will be a girl.  Phew!  Now I can buy yarn!  The other set of grandparents were hoping for a girl while we didn't really have a preference.  I just wanted to know what color to be knitting.  And now...

Tulip and Graphite Bella Cash baby yarn from Center of the Yarniverse
Bella Cash yarn

I can knit!  I have a surprise baby 'thing' for my son and wanted to make a black Newborn Vertebrae to match.  And yes, I know.  You're probably asking, "Black?  For a baby?  What's wrong with you?"  Once you see the 'thing' you'll understand.  Anyway....  As it turns out, I'm  knitting a dark gray Newborn Vertebrae and since the baby is going to be a girl, I'll add pink ribbing to girly it up.

I chose the gray, or Graphite to be exact, mainly because it was close to black and on sale.  It's extremely difficult to find black yarn suitable for a newborn.  Anyway, the colors are Graphite and Tulip and the yarn is Bella Cash.  The yarn is so soft and I'm loving knitting with it.  It's mostly superwash merino with a little cashmere thrown in.

Knit Picks Sock Labs http://shrsl.com/1xtj8
Laser Tag, Sock Labs Hawthorne

After the Newborn Vertebrae, I want to knit something with this Sock Labs Hawthorne.  The colorway is called Laser Tag.  Several months ago Knit Picks had a few retro colorways of Hawthorne in their Sock Labs line and when it went on sale, I grabbed a pinkish and a blueish skein in preparation for the gender reveal.  My plan all along has been to knit an Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby Surprise jacket but now I'm wondering.  Once I finish the pink and gray Vertebrae I'll wind this yarn and see if it's going to stripe or 'blip' colorwise then I'll make decision.

And tomorrow is knitting group night at the yarn shop, and we all know what that means!

Meanwhile, think pink!

12 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!!! Knitting for a baby girl is going to be so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Must be so fun to start the baby knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news! I, for one, am all for the black sweater -- even a newborn needs to be stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little girl! How exciting for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! I just looked at the Newborn Vertebrae pattern and that looks so cool. I think black with the pink ribbing will be very nice AND stylish! The laser tag yarn is really fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for baby girls!! There are so many adorable patterns for girlie things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on a GIRL! and knitting ALL the pink things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a Girl!!! How wonderful! Ive never done the infamous Elizabeth Z's baby sweater. I love a hooded baby sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! A grandchild is always exciting. I look forward to seeing what you will knit - in PINK. It is always fun to knit for a new baby. Reading your previous posts, I am glad you are feeling better - sleep, retail yarn therapy, knit night, a new baby - whatever it takes. I hope the sun continues to shine for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so exciting that the baby will be a girl, may she be super healthy and the pregnancy be uneventful, painless and fast!!

    ReplyDelete