Friday, November 15, 2019

Snow!

I'm so glad to be back to somewhat of a blogging routine and I hope I can keep it up. I was surprised how much I missed the community here. The move was one day of moving men and 13 days of shuffling boxes around and going back to the house to grab stuff we'd never packed or that didn't fit in the moving van. We have a lot of stuff.  A LOT of stuff!  And while that has been going on, my MIL has had daily doctor's appointments.  

Mentally, I'm doing Much better this week than last week but still... My new reality is no where near what I'd pictured it to be.  I'd imagined my MIL sitting quietly on the sofa watching TV while I sat at a desk nearby 'JGK'ing' (which in my world means blogging, working on the Etsy shop and a few other desk/computer type projects I have going.)  The reality is, *** The remainder of this paragraph has been redacted to protect the innocent.  My apologies to the family for any hurt or embarrassment I may have caused by my original wording.***

All of that means both the blog and my knitting bag are taking a hit.  There have been entire days where I never knit a single stitch.  That never used to happen.  Even when I was working 16 hour days I still managed to knit full rows.

So all of that to say, I don't have much to show in the way of knitting.  The Newborn Vertebrae is progressing but not as quickly as I'd like.  It's a top down cardigan type of thing and I've put the sleeve stitches on holders but I don't have a photo.  

https://shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=1435446&u=1446317&m=59159&urllink=&afftrack=
Wool of the Andes Aurora Heather

And I started another simple, hemmed brim hat to work on while hanging out in medical centers. This one is knit with Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Aurora Heather.  And in case you're wondering, Aurora Heather is SO much prettier in real life than it looks in that photo.  (Note to self:  Dunkin Donuts doesn't have the best lighting for photographing knitted stuff.)


Oh, and it snowed the other day!  It Never snows this early.  It only accumulated to about a half an inch but considering it had been 70 degrees the day before and 50 degrees and pouring down raining all morning before the snow started.... In any event, it was a fun ride home from the doctor's office.

11 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you haven't had the time you were hoping for. I'm sure it's a big adjustment for all of you, and I hope you all settle into a routine soon that allows you more knitting and blogging time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change is always challenging, isn't it? I hope you find a new rhythm that works for you. (You're doing such a kind and helpful thing by moving in with/supporting your mother-in-law. XO)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is early days still ... and I know you'll get that desk cleared off and find some new routines that allow for JGK-ing ... at least a little every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound much better than last week and I hope as you move forward that a routine that works for you starts to establish itself. Maybe once the upheaval of the move is over your MIL will settle down in a more peaceful way for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do sound better! This has been (and continues to be) such a MAJOR life change (for all of you). It's wonderful that you and your husband are doing this - caring for your MIL. Just remember to care for yourself as well.

    Crazy weather, huh? We had the major temp drops, but luckily the snow missed us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daily doctor appoinstments, oh my! Hope you and your MIL both settle into a routine soon that gives you a bit more time for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your MIL sounds just like my dad. We swore he had ants in his pants. I think taking care of him for all those years changed the way my own brain works. I am so used to rushing through things to get onto the next so I could keep up with him that I can't seem to slow myself down anymore. I hope my kids are ready for it. I think I'm going to be a real doozey when it's my turn! Lol....

    ReplyDelete
  8. egads I hope all the talking is exciting stuff. Can you put head phones on? I guess that will be rude. Hopefully after the novelty of you being there will wear off in a month or so???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, you have your hands full. Hopefully life will settle down a little as you all adjust to the new routines and living space. I rather like the color of that hat - blue of course.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Continued prayers for a workable transition to your new home. Knitting will happen!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bless your heart, this is not going to be easy. I wonder if her doctor can give her something to settle her down and relax. So many people with dementia just get so mixed up inside, it is like their brain never stops firing. Sending you a hug.

    ReplyDelete