Thursday, November 21, 2019

Three on Thursday - Progress


It doesn’t feel like I’ve made any knitting progress this week but I have.  Actually, I’ve made much more progress than I’d realized.  Yay for this blog post pointing out that fact out to me.

First and foremost, the Newborn Vertebrae.

newborn raglan sweater knit with fingering weight wool and cashmere
Newborn Vertebrae Cardigan

It has a body, pink ribbing and the beginning of a sleeve.  I think the last time I mentioned it, it only had top-down shoulders and no body at all.  Lots of progress!

Aurora Hat knit with Wool of the Andes Tweed https://shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=1435446&u=1446317&m=59159&urllink=&afftrack=
Beam me up, Scotty

Second, my Weekender sweater.  Not much visible progress photo-wise but I’m done with the ribbing and a few inches into the sweater.  I’m so glad I decided to cast this one on.  It’s the perfect mindless project to knit on while hanging out in the radiation lab and it has the barest minimum of detail to keep me from loosing my mind with all that stockinette.  In my size and with so much positive ease, it’s a LOT of stockinette!  And best of all, this Wool of the Andes Tweed is heaven to knit with.

Wool of the Andes Aurora Heather https://shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=1435446&u=1446317&m=59159&urllink=&afftrack=
Aurora Hat

And last but not least, the plain but gorgeous green hat. It’s hit the stage where it’s being ignored because it’s too close to being finished to bother carrying it doctor’s appointments.  Once I finish the Newborn Vertebrae, I’ll focus on finishing this hat.  Besides absolutely loving the heathered green, I’m excited to pick out a pompom for it.  I actually woke up in the middle of the night recently thinking about my available pompom color choices.

Wishing you happy knitting and I hope you’ll join me over at Carole's for today’s Three on Thursday gathering.

14 comments:

  1. I am in love with the Newborn Vertebrae! Choosing those colors was a brilliant decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of progress for one week! I'm very happy to hear you are loving the WOA Tweed. I just bought a huge box of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Weekender sweater and gorgeous green hat! I'm glad you've got projects in different stages for hours of doctor appointments. I accompanied my father to many, many appointments over 12 years and knitting saved my sanity. I hope it does the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knitting in the waiting room is a wonderful things. Hope all is well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects - ALL of them! And yay for progress. I really like the colors you've chosen for each of these projects. That little baby sweater is just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects, I especially love the green of that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like lots of progress in a week to me! All projects look great, but I am in love with that hat! Are you willing to share pattern and yarn information? I often wish I had babies to knit for; it must be great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lot of progress. I love that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three Cheers! ...and love seeing your great review of the Wool of the Andes yarn - I really wanted to try it for my grandsons' Christmas sweaters, but the reviews on the website were off-putting to say the best. Maybe I just need to order a ball and see for myself :-) Thank you for the push!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am itching to see that newborn vertebrae on its recipient... It looks like it could also become a shrug for an older baby! Depending on the sleeves, I suppose... My favorite thing about this post is that you shared that you woke up in the night thinking about your pom pom options. That's EXACTLY my kind of middle-of-the-night-conundrum! You have company! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see progress and I love the vertebrae colors immensely!! Glad you are getting knitting time even if it is here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the projects look great! And I hear you on the diet, I have bought just slightly less yardage than I bought this year, so the end of the year total won't be much different than the 1st day of 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at how much you are getting done! Good for you especially with all the stress you are under.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great projects in various stages of the finish line...and company to keep. Knit on!
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete