Thursday, April 30, 2020

Three on Thursday - Mother's Day Gift Ideas

So, Mother's Day is coming up and I thought it might be fun to look for a few giftable patterns.  My mom is gone and the last few things I knit for the mother-in-law did not go over well so I'm off the hook, but if my daughter was a knitter, I'd love to receive one of these knitted projects.

Hand knit circular seat cushion made from 2 knited circles sewn together
Sneid by Vedis Jonsdottir
Sneid is a round seat cushion knit with bulky weight yarn so it should be a relatively quick to knit project and Mamma can always use a soft cushion to sit on.

Hand knit decorative bag to hold your plastic grocery bags
Feather and Fan Bag Bag
This Feather and Fan Bag Bag by Kristen TenDyke of Caterpillar Knits would be a fun gift to receive.  I realize that plastic grocery bags aren't everybody's 'thing' anymore but I like getting them.  We use them for small trash can liners and if I'm honest, for those monthly refrigerator clean outs that really should happen more frequently but don't.

A simple and free shawl knitting pattern
Onete Shawl by Fairmont Fibers Design Team
Well, you can't have a 'what to knit for Mother's Day' post without mentioning a shawl.  I saw the Onete on Facebook recently and immediately added it to my Must Knit list.  I'm pretty sure that if my mom was still around, she'd love the simplicity of this shawl.

Happy Mother's Day knitting!  Hope you'll join me over at Carole's for today's Three on Thursday link up.

14 comments:

  1. One day I hope I'll receive a knitted item as a Mother's Day gift, but my daughter isn't quite there yet. Still, these are all great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a post! (And thanks for the M.D. reminder...). I am transfixed by the colorway of that shawl. This happens to me all the time. Is it the PATTERN I love? Or the YARN? This has also happened to me with haircuts. Which is how I ended up with some very bad bangs one year. Apparently it was the highlights I loved on the model in the poster. That took a long time to correct... Love this post, Jeannie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! I LOVE that round cushion . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother is gone too. I usually celebrate by treating myself to the big yellow Whitman's box that I would always gift her but that's not happening this year. Getting anything chocolate has been hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post! I love the round cushion and the shawl!! Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Onete went right into my saved patterns. That is beautiful.

    Wishing you a happy Mother's Day (a little early).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm trying to not even think about Mother's Day this year since I can't be with my kids and grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All are beautiful! I would love to give (or receive) the shawl. Happy (early) Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh! I like every one of them. I'm going to look at the patterns now. We always spend Mothers and Fathers Day alone since our kids live so far away. This year will be no different and I hate it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice gifts. My mom hasn't liked anything so I'm off the hook and a good thing too. No motivation to knit

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mom is in heaven and my mother in law too.
    Both of these wonderful women would have been thrilled with anything...you could give them a matchbook and they'd adore it

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's such a pretty shawl and I love the colour too. Our Mother's Day was in March but I didn't receive anything handmade.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That Onete shawl is gorgeous! I think you should make it right away. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete