Friday, April 17, 2020

Not what I remembered

So, if you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen my post about my boredom level and an embarrassing Amazon purchase.

Fair isle poncho sweater knit with worsted weight wool https://shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=1435446&u=1446317&m=59159&urllink=&afftrack=
Ninlichik Swoncho knit with Wool of the Andes

Yes, I was so bored I ordered the complete series of The Patridge Family on DVD.  Have I mentioned that we don't have internet here at this house?

Once upon a time, I was going to marry David Cassidy.  I never missed an episode of The Partridge Family on one of the three channels we had back then and I even owned their album.

Today, The Partridge Family is not what I remember.  It is however, giving me something different to watch while I knit the ribbing on my swoncho.  

I should be done with this bad boy within a week and I'm excited to say, it's going to fit.  I was worried that it might be too small.  Unblocked, the fair isle section is slightly tighter than I'd like but I think the post blocking version will be perfect.

I hope you are keeping entertained during this pandemic and haven't been reduced to watching The Partridge Family, but if you are watching - get in touch.  We can laugh about the show's cheese factor and our current pathetic lives.


13 comments:

  1. Hold on now.....I was supposed to marry David Cassidy. In fact, I got my hair cut just like his and I have the photos (!) to prove it. Lol....my Klute shag was not a hit and thankfully it grew out (almost) before I had to have my senior photos taken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be embarrassed -- anything that entertains you and makes you happy is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you do not have internet???? that is a sad state of affairs, I think it's great you ordered a david cassidy fix for these trying times :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! I am dying over here. You really must have been bored! I can't watch those old shows anymore. The cheese factor makes me gag. LOL. But then I can watch, and do, Sean Connery's 007 movies over and over, and they are just as cheesy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny!! But, if it makes you laugh and passes the time while you knit - go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NO! It was ME! I was going to marry David Cassidy! (Or Bobby Sherman. . . ) I can only imagine how . . . different . . . The Partridge Family "looks" so many years removed from 1970! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I am older than you because I loved George Harrison from the Beatles! I figured I actually had a chance with him because most fans loved Paul! So funny. I would go to their movies and just scream "George" every time he was on the screen. Crazy times! Enjoy your DVD! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the Partridge family wasn't a thing in The Netherlands, I heard of it before, but never watched it. I try not to watch too many videos, but I do find myself on youtube a lot. And your post made me crave to watch Little House on the Prairie (that's was my favorite as a child).

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is quite a line building up to marry David Cassidy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was going to marry Donny Osmond and Bobby Sherman. Oh my heart. Swoon. lol
    I actually watched a Partridge Family episode last summer. I think it was on ME TV. I couldn't believe how cheesy it was but actually a little comforting too. I think it was the memories it brought up.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok...you made me chuckle out loud! That David Cassidy must have been two-timing us, because I thought he was mine! Have fun watching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was all about Greg from the Brady Bunch ;-) (glad you're feeling better about the Swancho!)

    ReplyDelete