Thursday, April 23, 2020

Three on Thursday - Corona Reading List

Since we've been stuck at home, I've been doing a lot of reading.  I thought for today's Three on Thursday, I'd share the three books I've enjoyed most.  In the order I read them, they are:

suspenseful psychological thriller, free on the Kindle

When I was You by Minka Kent.  Billed as a psychological suspense.  Despite knowing who 'done it' half way through the book, the suspense was maintained throughout.

suspense thriller novel free on the Kindle

The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware.   This was another suspense thriller and I did not see the end coming at all.  My daughter had read it awhile back and recommended it.  We had fun discussing what was happening, although I think she may have gotten a little sick of me asking her if certain characters were the 'bad' guy or if the house was really haunted.  She never would tell me.

haunted house suspense thriller horror novel

The Haunting of Ashburn House by Darcy Coates.  This one had me jumping at every single little noise in the house.  It took me a while to read this one because if I had any hope of sleeping, I couldn't read it after dinner.  I'm still not sure why this book freaked me out so much because the scary stuff didn't really start until close to the end but from the second page I was jumpy.  I threw my drink all over the deck when someone opened the sliding door behind me and dropped a pan of french fries when I turned around and my daughter had come into the kitchen.  And that was all before the really scary stuff started happening.  If you like a good scare, this is the one.


8 comments:

  1. I'd say the thrown glass + dropped french fries are about the best endorsement a suspense read can get!! That, and: "Despite knowing who 'done it' half way through the book, the suspense was maintained throughout." I live with two suspense lovers--I'll pass these titles along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now I know to skip the last one -- I'm dealing with enough anxiety right now and don't need to be scared by every little bump in the night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely NOT reading the last one - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't read a lot of thrillers but I always enjoy Ruth Ware.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FINALLY! I found a book that someone recommends that I could get from Kindle Unlimited. I signed up for it when The Mister commandeered my old Kindle when the library closed but I haven't found a book on it that I would be interested in. All my favorite authors are not included boooo....I did find the Darcy Coates book. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's me Araignee. Google always signs me in under the old wedding blog I had for my Daughter if I am not paying attention.

      Delete
  6. I haven't been able to concentrate enough to read a book but you make some great recommendations for when I'm able to read again. :-). Especially the last one!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got a book gift from my daughter. Got a kindle finally! Whee

    ReplyDelete