Sunday, April 19, 2020

Sunday Supper - Fake Strawberry Shortcake

So, last Sunday was Easter and as I mentioned, Sarah did all the cooking.  One of the desserts she made was fake strawberry shortcake.  It was really just store-bought pound cake with strawberry sauce and whipped cream on top.  Everyone said it was really good and I'd tasted the strawberry sauce while she was making it, but I never got to eat any of the actual dessert.  I was too busy holding the baby and cooing over her.  It was a pretty fair trade, but I would have liked to try some of that cake - so I'm forcing Sarah make it again today.  That's what mother's are for, right?

recipe for strawberry sauce over pound cake and ice cream #cookingfrom scratch
Strawberry Sauce from Sally's Baking Addiction

Anyway, the recipe for the sauce can be found here if you'd like to give it a try.  Thankfully, while our stores still don't have toilet paper, meat or potato chips, they do have a pretty decent supply of strawberries.  And, if you aren't into pound cake, I think the sauce would be great over ice cream too.  

Or maybe strawberry sauce over ice cream on top of pound cake....  I see a lot of strawberries in my future.

5 comments:

  1. Yummy!
    The one thing I am afraid to order is fruit. I don't want anyone picking it out for me. I did try some bananas this week. Hopefully they will be edible. If not I figure I can make some banana bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Strawberries are good ALL THE TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks and sounds delicious. Have your rules eased where you live so you can spend time with others? Maybe I missed something in an earlier post, I'm not always up to date on everything. I can imagine how happy you were to hold that sweet baby.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You remind me, I need more Strawberry Preserves!!! Mustn't run out of that! But maybe this sauce is something I need to investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh . The strawberries are coming from Florida and they are sweet now! YUM. Your dessert ...yum

    ReplyDelete