Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Clara and the swamp witch

https://shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=1435425&u=1446317&m=59159&urllink=&afftrack=

The Clara dress for Hayden is coming along.  I was worried about using this variegated tonal yarn but I think it's working out just fine.  This is a fun little design to knit and I'm so thankful for my knitting group friend, Dawn, who gifted it to me.  I hope Hayden will enjoy wearing dresses because I see quite a few of these in her future.

And because I was bored enough to take funny photos of myself in the bathroom and I thought you might also be bored and could use a good laugh, or possibly a good scare...

There's a reason people with curly hair don't brush their hair.


I have no idea what the reason is for the crazy eyes.  I have to say though, this photo does live up to my nickname.  My husband calls me Marie.  It started off Marie Laveau but over the years it's been shortened to simply Marie.  Many of his friends and coworkers think it's my actual name because they hear it so often and when Mike calls me by my real name, it sounds very, very wrong.  

Why Marie Laveau?  Have you ever heard the song, Marie Laveau by Bobby Bare?


Yeah, I'm the swamp witch.  Mike means it as a compliment.  Or at least that's the story he sticks to.  He says I used magic to capture his heart and make him fall in love with me.  Awww, isn't that sweet?  Although.... swamp witch...  But with that photo of my crazy eyes and brushed hair, I'd have to say he might be on to something.

11 comments:

  1. I love it!!! I look the same way when I have my hair down and I only brush it right before I go to bed to get out the day's tangles. I just gave myself a trim and now I have floppy fronts that keep falling in my face. I'd shave my head if I were brave enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have fully embraced my crazy hair during this time. When I was going to the office every day, I'd blow my hair straight, but I really haven't seen the point of doing that anymore. So bring on the messy buns and bedhead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little dress! And embrace that swamp witch hair! It's beautiful. (I cut my bangs with my shaver yesterday. . . )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that little dress for Hayden - so sweet. Swamp With - love that!! I can't remember when I last had a hair cut - over a year most likely! And now that I don't use conditioner it is so fly-away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful little dress. If she's anything like my 7 year old granddaughter, you won't be able to knit fast enough. Piper wears everything I make her and has already put in requests for 8 sweaters for fall. Yes, you read that. EIGHT. She has specific colors in mind.
    Love your hair and the story about your husband. My short hair is growing out and I'll probably let it keep growing.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girllllllllllllllll....that is a LOT of hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That lil dress as Betsy says, Is adorable!!!! Love your hair and your story too. Have you ever donated? ?I did because I had so much hair at the turn of the century!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress! It's addicting. So glad you enjoy making it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that yarn is perfect and will look beautiful on your grand. I love your hair and what a fun nickname!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hear you on the curly hair brushing!!!! Frizz City. And don't get me started on the summer humidity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the dress ... and I think your hair is beautiful! (of course, curly hair here and nope, I don't even own a brush ;-)

    ReplyDelete