Sunday, April 5, 2020

Sunday Supper - Southwest Vegetarian Bake

There still no meat in our grocery stores and I'm getting pretty dang sick of frozen chicken patty sandwiches (which I'm pretty sure don't actually contain any chicken) so I think we're going to be forced to go vegetarian.  My husband will loose his mind if I mention it so my plan is to simply make the tastiest, most filling dishes that I can find and hopefully he won't notice.  It's not a great plan, but it's the best I've got.  And if Mike does notice, well, he can eat Spam.  Sadly, the grocery store has plenty of Spam.

vegetarian recipe, what to do with rice https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/southwest-vegetarian-bake/

So with that in mind, I introduce, Southwest Vegetarian Bake from Taste of Home.

Wish me luck.

6 comments:

  1. Even turkey meat was gone? For us the meat department is full, and then we went and bought part of a cow, so we are set. Do you need me to mail some meat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really really good--and I have many of these ingredients on the shelf. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! That looks delicious. My Hubby would happily eat vegetarian but I'm not a fan. Luckily I had stocked the freezer a little bit before all of this hit. If it goes on very long we'll run out but a couple of more weeks will be fine.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. No meat shortages here. Grocery stores all have meat and fresh produce. But that dish looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks really good and with all that cheese, who will notice if there is meat or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh all that cheese makes it look delicious!

    ReplyDelete