Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Easter Knitting

hand knit Easter eggs; decorative eggs knit with scrap yarn

Nothing like celebrating the upcoming holiday with a giant martini glass full of Easter eggs.  I took a break from Swoncho knitting to knit up a couple of Easter eggs.  Every year I knit a few more for the collection.  This year, I realized that oddly, I had the eggs here at my MIL's house, but no baskets or any other Eastery type of decor.  So, a giant martini glass full of eggs it is.

If you'd like to knit a few of your own, the pattern I use is here.  It's free, simple, quick to knit, and a great way to use up little bits of scrap yarn.

Hope you are all staying sane, safe and healthy.

10 comments:

  1. I love it! A martini glass full of Easter eggs is just what I needed this morning. I'm having trouble finding a reason to get out of bed. Lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so pretty! I love them in the martini glass. Thanks for the link - I'm off to look at it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look like a fun way to use up little bits of yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've used that same pattern in the past to make lots of eggs. I've given most of them away and only have 4 left. I think. should make more. They look great in the martini glass.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I don't do baskets anymore. In fact, I was at the grocery the other day so grabbed 2 bags of candy and handed them to Hubster and Bio Girl when I unpacked the groceries. Today I gave Diva $10.00 and said Happy Easter! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable! My Holly (the cat) would steal all of them and ferret them into some hidey hole!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks. I have a pattern somewhere, lol. I'll put this one on my computer in the knitting folder and add to Ravelry. I shouldn't lose it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your eggs are fantastic, very festive! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete