Thursday, September 12, 2019

Three on Thursday

It's Thursday, so you know what's coming...

Three exciting things to share that happened this week.

we listed our house for sale
for sale

First, we listed our house for sale... and got a contract two days later.  I'm hesitant to even mention it.  I don't want to jinx it.  But I'm also super excited.  There are contingencies so it's not a 100% done deal but...

Second, I finally got a hair cut.  I went from,

before

to,

after

Yeah, nice blurry, highly cropped, bathroom selfies.  Sorry.

I'm loving the way the new hair looks but I'm hating the way it behaves.  It's constantly in my face.  Constantly!  I may go try something different next week.

Rectangular, stole style lace shawl
Madli's Shawl

Third, I finished the 'body' of the Madli's Shawl and am half way through the final border.  The border is knit separately then grafted onto the body.  My goal has been to finish this shawl by October 1st and it looks like I'll make it.  

Join me over at Carole's for today's Three on Thursday party.

23 comments:

  1. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the house deal goes through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such BIG life changes!!! A new house and new hair. Wow...that's all so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's a little nerve wracking. Actually, I'm in a state of denial about the packing. :)

      Delete
  3. Love a fresh haircut and that yarn is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Where are you moving to???? LOVE your haircut (well, what I can see of it) - looks so nice. And the shawl is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There's nothing like a blurry bathroom selfie! :)

      Delete
  5. Your hair looks great! Sometimes it takes awhile for it to "settle" in and behave . . . Congratulations on selling your house so quickly. That's great news. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope I can quickly train it to stay out of my face because at the moment, I feel like Cousin It.

      Delete
  6. GORGEOUS hair!!!!! Don't you love the energy boost from a good hair cut? And congrats on your house! Wishing you smooth moves :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yes! My hair is crazy thick and she thinned it out within an inch of it's life. It feels SO much better.

      Delete
  7. Three BIG things! I hope the house sale proceeds smoothly, your hair behaves, and your shawl gets finished easily, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Glad you got a good offer FAST! Selling a home is so stressful. Be nice to you! I LOVE your hair cut. WOW. You cut a lot off!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I think she thinned out even more than she cut off... and it's still big and poofy!

      Delete
  9. That explains so much! I thought I had missed something about the move. Congrats and good luck! And I love the new hair!!! Hope you find a way to contain it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too! I feel like Cousin It and it's making me a little bit cranky. I love the way it looks... as long as I don't move my head and the wind doesn't blow. I'm just not crazy about what happens when I move.

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on your house offer. I hope it all goes as planned. The orange shawl is a great autumn color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm SO surprised I stayed on target with my goal of finishing the shawl by 10/1. I never expected it to actually happen. :)

      Delete
  11. P.S. The hair looks great. The gal who cuts my hair told me that "gray hair can be unruly." Ha - there is a metaphor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's definitely unruly! The grays are like curly coat hangers. And I just have SO much hair! I know I shouldn't complain but...

      Delete
  12. congrats on the house contract so quickly and I do love your hair cut, it does take a few weeks for the hair to calm down from the cut if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been putting my hair in a ponytail for so long it doesn't know how to react to being down. It's also trying, not very hard if you want my opinion, to learn to be parted on the side. It's a big adjustment period.

      Delete