Thursday, September 19, 2019

An Ode to Mucinex

Has the blog seemed a little sparse lately?  Or maybe it's just my knitting that has been sparse.  I'm sorry to complain but I've had a bug.  It's not the flu and it's not a cold.  It's just some horrible, horrible bug.  The entire family has suffered from it.  All I can say is, thank God for Mucinex.  I literally don't think I'd have survived without the blue bottle.


The first symptoms were a sore throat and an overwhelming sleepiness.  These hit last Friday.  I thought perhaps my throat was sore from mumbling 'knit off, knit on, purl off, purl on" over and over and over again as I kitchnered my Madli's Shawl.  But no, my throat was just sore.  Luckily the sleepiness didn't hit until later in the afternoon.  The urge to sleep was so strong it was like having narcolepsy and being roofied at the same time.  It was literally an uncontrollable urge to sleep.  As in, falling asleep mid-sentence while sitting up.  By dinner time I was cursing my husband for bringing the bug into the house and chugging Mucinex.

Saturday I wasn't feeling well, but I wasn't dying and I knew it was going to be a crazy night at work so I went.  By the wee hours of Sunday morning I decided maybe I was dying and I started doing that thing where you cough so hard you vomit.  Fun  times!  Mucinex to the rescue.

By Monday afternoon, the bug had morphed into what felt like a bad cold. I felt awful, not actually dying awful, just wishing I'd die so it would end awful.  I couldn't stop sneezing long enough to eat and I blew my nose so much my skin bled.  Mucinex to the rescue.

And now, in the wee hours of Thursday morning, I'm starting to feel better.  I'm still hoarse and I my cough sounds like a seal barking, but I think I'll live.  Thank you Mucinex.



6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that you've been suffering through this. I hope as the day goes on you feel better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're getting better. Hope the rest of it clears soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no.......I hope you are feeling better soon. That sounds so miserable. I was just thinking I haven't had a cold in ages. I bet I cursed myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yuck! Sorry you've been feeling miserable...hope it stays in VA (sorry).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor dear. I hope you feel back to normal soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling much better. So many of my little ones have been ill recently. There is a cold thing and a fever thing. SO far I am free of both!

    ReplyDelete