Friday, September 6, 2019

Another Finish

I have another FO to show you.

Garter stitch triangular shaped shawl which uses short rows for shaping.
Eclipse

Eclipse.  Actually, it's a modified Eclipse.  

Per the pattern, it should have an additional purple section but I purposely left it off.  I've knit this design many, many times and have always stopped after two sections of the main color.  The first time I left off the third section only because I ran out of yarn.  But I loved the narrower scarf-like result so much I've repeated it several times since.

I knit this version with sock yarn from Unplanned Peacock.  The purple is Starling and the green is Lagoon.  It's a little brighter than intended and I sort of wish I'd reversed the main/contrasting colors.  But bright or not, I'm happy with it and ready to move on to the next project.

What will the next project be?  Good question!  A baby blanket?  The Te Ara mitts I mentioned last week?  Or perhaps I'll focus on finishing my Madli's Shawl.  I'm so close, yet so far away from finishing that shawl.  I'm part way through pattern repeat #27 out of 31.  Each repeat has twelve rows and then there'll be the border to knit.  My goal is to have it finished by October 1st so I really should focus on it.  But....

We'll just have to wait and see how I feel.  Dorian will be here this afternoon and it may be too difficult to concentrate on beaded lace.  Or not.  I think we are far enough inland that we won't get anything more than a few thunderstorms at most.  Of course, that's what we thought with Isabel many years ago and we ended up without power for 13 days.  

What ever happens weather-wise, I've vowed not to complain.  Honestly, I'm having a hard time being the least bit concerned about Dorian now.  After seeing the destruction that took place in the Bahamas...  It's hard enough to imagine a Class 5 hurricane, but one that hangs out and stays basically stationary for over 24 hours....  Good Lord!  Now that Dorian is down to a Class 2.... I'm having trouble taking him seriously.

If you never hear from me again, you'll know it's because I just jinxed myself.  Apologies to my neighbors!

14 comments:

  1. I just love this shawl (and your shawl cuff - maybe I can find one tomorrow at the NJ Sheep & Fiber Festival??). Hope you have weathered the storm ok with no damage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that cuff and think I'll wear shawls much more this year because of it. I bought it at my LYS but they got their stock from a handmade seller out of Canada. I can't remember the name now but I can find out if needed. Have fun at the fiber fest. I'm jealous! :)

      Delete
  2. You're really on a finishing streak! Congrats!!!
    I'm watching the storm coverage now and VA Beach is getting pounded. Wow. It better not come up the Bay like Isabelle did. I still have visible storm damage in the yard from her and Irene. Araignee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If the weather man is right, the storm has moved a little to the east and we are 20 miles outside of the rain bands. It's Very cloudy and breezy here, but so far we've stayed dry. Ugh! Just the mention of Isabelle sends shivers down my spine. We were without power for 13 days.

      Delete
  3. I hope that you're safe and don't lose power!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great finish! I love your cuff closure. Stay safe and dry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We got lucky and the edge of the storm stayed about 20 miles to the east of us.

      Delete
  5. I hope you are safe!! Love your finished project and I've knit with that yarn brand (or I think I did...).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We made it through just fine. That yarn line is wonderful to knit with and comes in The best colors!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous shawl and shawl keeper. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you did not feel the effects of Dorian to much. Love the purple shawl it is another gorgeous finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We were lucky with Dorian. Hope he didn't cause you too much trouble.

      Delete