Monday, April 1, 2019

52 Weeks - Last Meal

Today's 52 Weeks Blog Challenge post topic is what would I want for my last meal and I hope I'm hungry when the time comes because it's a big meal.  Thankfully, it being my last meal, I won't have to worry about calories, fat grams or diabetic comas.  Or, perhaps the menu is the reason it's my last meal.  In any event...

My last meal would consist of:

Biker dive bars always have the best food.
cheeseburger and fries, photo courtesy of usatoday.com

A cheeseburger from a biker dive bar.  What is it about biker dive bars?  They have the best cheeseburgers!

steak on the grill, photo courtesy of expertgriller.com

A steak cooked on the grill.  Burnt on the outside, practically still mooing on the inside.

brussel sprouts and bacon, photo courtesy of myrecipes.com

Brussel sprouts with bacon.  I can't believe brussel sprouts are making my list but...

Thalhimers had the best chicken salad.
Thalhimers, photo courtesy of amazon.com

My sister's chicken salad.  She uses the Thalhimers recipe but she does something extra to it.  Hers always tastes SO much better than anyone else's, including Thalhimers!

A not too heavy, fresh fruit cake perfect for spring and summer.
lemon blueberry cake

And for desert, there will be my grandmother's chocolate mocha cake, coffee or peppermint ice cream (but the peppermint needs to be the special Christmas kind, not the sold-every-day-of-the-year kind) with my mom's chocolate sauce over top and Sarah's lemon blueberry cake.

Yum!  I hope my last meal comes soon.  I'm hungry now!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow. Now I want a cheeseburger for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ate an egg & bacon sandwich on an English muffin but after reading your post I'm hungry again!! I had not thought of Thalhimer's in years - we don't have them in PA, but I used to go to one in Norfolk with my MIL. It was a great store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure I've never had that kind of cheeseburger ... but it does look good. I was thinking as I scrolled through the list that you could just make it a nice MONTH of meals ... maybe one of those things each week and then you could really enjoy it. (ps. Thalhimers is brand new to me!)

    ReplyDelete