Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Turned the corner

Yes!  I have turned the corner!

Diagonally knitting a full size bed blanket with self striping Patons Kroy Sock yarn
Diagonally knit Kroy blanket

I finally turned the corner on my diagonally knit blanket and am now decreasing on each end.  Progress will be much more visible now.  And mentally!  Phew!  Mentally, I feel like the end is finally in sight.  

Having to rip the entire month of February's work out and reknit it was a huge mental set back and felt horrible.  Even though I've only knit a few rows since turning the corner, I'm decreasing on each side now and it feels terrific!

12 comments:

  1. Yay!! The only thing I have knit like that is the dishcloths but I still know what you mean. It's all downhill from there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! to down hill knitting. It's going to be to hot to knit on this blanket soon and I'm afraid if I put it aside, I'll never pick it back up again.

      Delete
  2. Oh YAY! that's the best part of the whole project, I'm sure (well, until you K2Tog those last two stitches!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It IS a great feeling to start the decreasing side of things! (I always get that kind of pleasure from reaching the sleeve divide on a top-down sweater, and putting those sleeve stitches on waste yarn. Everything feels so much faster after that!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love hitting major mile markers in my knitting.

      Delete
  4. Amen to things feeling faster (and actually really being faster!!). This is going to be such a lovely blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Don't know that I'd call it "lovely," because it's knit with spare skeins with no real advanced planning. But it will be soft and warm, and even better - machine washable!

      Delete
  5. How long are the circular needles you are using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using interchangeable needles with a 32 inch cord. As I decrease the stitches, I'll replace the cord with a shorter one. I like to have my stitches bunched up on the cord.

      Delete
  6. Yay for progress!! And mentally having that perception of finishing is a good motivator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that you are around the bend to being done! lovely :)

    ReplyDelete