Thursday, April 12, 2018

Three on Thursday

Welcome to another Three on Thursday list.  This week...

1. I think I owe the world an apology.  I have the feeling the recent crazy, non-spring-like weather may be my fault.  I'm pretty sure my actions, or lack of, have thrown the universe out of balance.  I did not buy a single skein of yarn in March and I haven't set foot in my local Michael's in over three weeks. 

2.  As a result of #1, I thought I better get to yarn shopping and fast!  Luckily Knit Picks has their Hawhorne yarns on sale and I quickly snagged a Dark Mood value pack.  I absolutely love knitting with Hawthorne.  The colors are so beautiful, the yarn always seems to knit up quickly, even when using fingering weight, and being able to toss it into the washing machine is just icing on the cake.  Now, if I only had a clue what I should knit with my Dark Mood set.  Got any suggestions?

Striped blanket knit with left over balls of fingering weight yarn
fingering weight diagonal stripe blanket

3.  As much as I'd love to finish my diagonal striped blanket before the yarn arrives, I don't see that happening.  I have, however, managed to knit enough decrease rows so that the stitches are no longer in danger of flying off the needle tips when I set the project down.  That's a definite plus.

Linking up with Carole for today's Three on Thursday.

14 comments:

  1. Oh, that yarn is stunning! I wouldn't know what to make with it though. A shawl maybe? Or a striped sweater?
    Still loving that blanket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been thinking about either another Find Your Fade shawl or a Fade sweater, but that's what everyone is knitting so....

      Delete
  2. So you're the one to blame? Good thing you went shopping - lol. I, too, love Hawthorne yarn. The Dark Mood is a lovely set - maybe a shawl of some kind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, yes - my fault! But, the yarn arrived today & despite snow last weekend, we'll be seeing 82 degrees today.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! It arrived today and it's even prettier in person.

      Delete
  4. I love that yarn. And I'm pleased to hear about Hawthorne yarn--I've wondered about it but now I have a better idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give Hawthorne a chance. It's great to knit with and budget friendly.

      Delete
  5. Your stripes are just delightful! (And you are a fast knitter!!!!)
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful yarn - I haven't been yarn shopping in quite a while and maybe I need to do some shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So maybe I can't take full blame for the weather. :) Except, the yarn arrived and we're having a sunny, 80+ degree day. Couldn't hurt for you to go yarn shopping too though.

      Delete
  7. Did I need to know that Hawthorne is on sale???
    I love your blanket. Is there a pattern? I've looked on Ravelry without any luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pattern but several people have asked so I'll try to get the details posted next week. As for Ravelry, I'm so far behind! I don't think I've even entered the blanket as a project.

      Delete