Thursday, April 5, 2018

Three on Thursday

Today's Thursday so you know what that means....

1. It's day seven of a lot of 13+ hour shifts and I'm sort of at that point where I no longer know my own name.  Working seven days in a row isn't all that terrible and 13 hour shifts aren't horrible or unusual either (after all, if I put the uniform on, I want to make sure it's good and dirty when I take it off.)  But having spent the winter doing nothing but Knitflixing and eating junk food, I'm dying.  I think I'll survive though.  If I make it through tonight, it will all be okay.  I have tomorrow off.  Yay!

For a more positive outlook on work...

theme park washi tape
roller coaster washi tape

Each season I choose a washi tape to be my "work washi" and I slap a piece on my calendar each day I'm scheduled as a reminder not to schedule anything else.  Could this year's washi be any more perfect for someone working at a theme park?

2.  My March knitting was pathetic.  According to my knitting journal, I knit three hats and worked on the diagonal stripe blanket.  Now, I knit a Lot on the blanket but seriously?  I only finished three hats and nothing else?  I'm hanging my head in knitter's shame.

3.  I failed to post on Wednesday so there hasn't been a book report this week.  It's probably a good thing I didn't have time to write the post because I also didn't have time to read anything this past week.

Join me over at Carole's for her Three on Thursday link-up.

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're the one on a roller coaster! Be gentle with yourself. There are only 24 hours in each day. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The first full week is always awful but soon everyone will settle into their jobs and the shifts will become much easier/shorter.

      Delete
  2. Such cute washi tape.

    It doesn't matter how MUCH we knit as long as we ENJOY what we knit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guess is that you've done some wonderful things in place of knitting - no shame in that. Enjoy the ebb and flow of your life and your knitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure about "wonderful" - I pretty much just worked. But it is nice to be receiving a paycheck once again. :)

      Delete
  4. There is no knitter shame! As long as you enjoy what you are doing, that's perfect. And, yes, remember there are only 24 hours in a day (no matter how much we wish for more).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love my job. I complain about the hours, but I also volunteer to work them so.... :)

      Delete
  5. Hey, we win some we lose some! Love the washi tape idea!!! I need to find a knit or sewing one and use it in my calendar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you find a knitting tape, Please let me know. I've looked everywhere.

      Delete
  6. I think working seven days in a row is awful! You have a lot of stamina!
    Three hats in a month and progress on a blanket is perfectly respectable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working 7 straight is rough at the beginning of the season but I'll get used to it. It also allows me to not work at all during the winter. Once I get back into the groove it's not bad at all.

      Delete
  7. I usually work 4 12-13 hours days in a row and frankly that knocks the wind out of my sails, I am not sure how you are doing it. Rest when you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm counting myself lucky this season. In years past, I've given myself shin splints over that first week back to work. Pathetic! The hours will calm down once everyone learns how to do their job.

      Delete
  8. Three hats is still good going. If it makes you feel any better, I started a scarf in January and I've still not finished it!! I don't know why I'm so slow this time around...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of those lifetime projects. I don't know why they sit, abandoned, in the corner. I like the patterns, I like the yarn, and I want to use the finished items.... but there they sit, month after month and in some cases, year after year.

      Delete
  9. wow, that's a lot of working and some long days for you! I like washi tape as well, I use them in my planner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a little crazy. I work a full year's worth of hours in 7 months. I volunteer for it though so I have no one to blame but myself and having the winter off is great. Except when I have to adjust back to going to work every day. :)

      Delete