Monday, April 16, 2018

Makers' Monday

I hope you'll join me for #MakersMonday and join the link up down below.

Meanwhile...

It's here!  It's here!

https://shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=738961&u=1446317&m=59159&urllink=&afftrack=
Hawthorne Dark Mood

My Dark Mood set of Hawthorne yarns arrived!

https://shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=738961&u=1446317&m=59159&urllink=&afftrack=
Dark Mood

I can not express how excited I am.  I mean, just look at those colors!

https://shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=738961&u=1446317&m=59159&urllink=&afftrack=
Arleta

And specifically, look at Arleta!  Oh! My! Goodness!  Look at that blend of color!  Every time I look at it, (which has been every few minutes since it arrived on my doorstep,) I suddenly crave slightly under ripe tomatoes and over ripe peaches.  I've always thought all the purpley, bluish, greenish Hawthornes were my favorites but no longer!  Arleta is now my official favorite colorway.  If payday wasn't a week away, I'd be placing an order for a gazillion more skeins because I need six sweaters, a shawl, a scarf, a cowl (maybe 2) some mittens, a hat and maybe a blanket all knit with Arleta.

But as much as I LOVE Arleta, I don't want the other yarns to feel bad.  They are beautiful too and I can't wait to knit with them. 

I'm determined to finish the diagonal striped blanket before I start knitting with the Dark Mood set though.  And for backstory, I'm writing this Saturday morning because I'll be working all weekend and wouldn't otherwise have time to publish the post.  And since I'm writing on Saturday and for several days now, my phone has been warning me about possible dangerous/damaging thunderstorms Sunday night.... I'm hoping my phone is right.  Let it storm!  Let Mother Nature rage!  Let the park close early so I can get home and knit diagonal stripes!

11 comments:

  1. Such beautiful colors! Wish my budget allowed ordering some of my own... Oh well. I'll enjoy seeing what you do with it.
    Hope you got a lot of knitting done this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm determined to finish the blanket this week. I hope I can meet that goal.

      Delete
  2. Oh those colors are so yummy!! What are you going to make with the yarn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I knew. :) A shawl or a sweater?? Ideas are welcome.

      Delete
  3. That is a gorgeous color! They all are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm such a yarn geek - I turned the photo into my phone's background picture.

      Delete
  4. Oooooooo la la ....they are lucious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those colors are so gorgeous, enjoy every minute of knitting.

    ReplyDelete