Thursday, April 26, 2018

Ta Da!

It's Three on Thursday and I'm celebrating a giant...

The bind off on my hand knit diagonal striped blanket sized to fit a full size bed.
Ta Da!

1.  Ta Da!  As promised, the diagonal striped blanket is finished!  Well, it's off the needles.  The knitting is finished.

Weaving in the ends on my scrap yarn striped blanket
One down, one million gazillion more to go.

2.  One yarn end has been woven in.  One million gazillion more to go.

3.  It may be a while before the one million gazillion ends get woven in because about three minutes after I knit the last stitch, I cast on a So Faded sweater using my Dark Mood set of Hawthorne yarns.  No photos yet.  I'm too busy knitting and loving the colors in this set.

Join me over at Carole's for today's Three on Thursday link up.

14 comments:

  1. Oh. Those ends! But what a great blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Set a goal, for every 10 rows on the sweater, weave in 2 ends. A little bribery goes a long way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a new guilty pleasure Netflix series to binge watch will probably be the answer.

      Delete
  3. Oh, weaving in ends, that's my nemesis too. I know I should do it as I go, especially in projects with many color changes, but where's the fun in that? ;-)
    That looks like a wonderful sweater for that gorgeous yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like to weave them in as I go because I can't keep up with the sewing needle for that long. I'm pretty excited about the sweater. I hope the colors work out the way I'm envisioning them.

      Delete
  4. Amazing!!! Doesn't it feel so great to finish a big project like that! High five!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel great! I think this is the first giant project of my knitting life that I worked on non-stop without taking a year or 2's break in the middle. I'm pretty proud of myself.

      Delete
  5. Lovely! You'll get there - one strand of yarn at a time. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping I can get those pesky ends taken care of during tonight's hockey game.

      Delete
  6. I second the Binge Netflix idea - you won't even notice how many there are! And, wow... it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats! I don't mind weaving in a massive amount of ends :) I watch a movie or something and that makes it easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to find a new Netflix series to binge on. That would help motivate me to deal with those pesky ends. The problem is, I started knitting a new sweater and.....

      Delete
  8. I love the blanket. I hope we get to see the entire blanket.
    So Faded is a beautiful sweater. You have great taste!

    ReplyDelete